PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Kubuntu 10.04 installation problem using Wubi

pezzonovante
August 6th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I'm a Windows 7 user. About two months ago, I had downloaded the Ubuntu 10.04 *.iso and installed it using Wubi. The installation ran smoothly.

Recently I wanted to test Kubuntu 10.04 in the same manner. So I uninstalled Ubuntu from inside Windows 7, and placed the Kubuntu 10.04 *.iso in the same folder as Wubi. I tried to install Kubuntu the same way as I did Ubuntu.

However, after rebooting and selecting Kubuntu from the boot menu, the installation runs to about 80%, when "configuring apt" stage comes up. Here the installation window suddenly disappears, and after a few seconds the PC reboots. This time when I select Kubuntu from the boot menu, I see no option to run Kubuntu.

This problem has occurred several times. I can't give any more specific details about the error, because no error message pops up. Can anyone guess what the problem might be, and suggest a possible solution? I want to add that, at this moment my only option is using Wubi or similar easy solutions. I'm not yet prepared to do a "real" installation.