PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu forum not refreshing in my browser (firefox):

handy
August 5th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Today when I refresh the Ubuntu forum in Firefox, it doesn't really refresh. The most recent posts are at least 12 hours old? When I do a search of my posts I can get into threads with very recent posts.

This is a bit strange I think. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm not having the same problem with other forums. <scratches his head> ?

I have warm booted the machine...

handy
August 5th, 2010, 03:19 PM
I've only just finally been able to see this thread listed, (& other more recent posts) about 15 minutes since I posted it.

I noticed after my initial post that I was listed as the only person using the Ubuntu forums!

I just looked again after seeing this thread & now there are a lot more users listed, though the numbers didn't look accurate (way too many at a glance).

Am I the only one experiencing this strangeness with the UF?

Peter09
August 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Nope - I've been there as well - like wandering around an empty building full of half-eaten meals, the crowd having disappeared.

23dornot23d
August 5th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I had a similar thing happen too the last post were 12 hours ago .... but after logging out and back in again -

The system seems to be ok now .....

handy
August 5th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks for your replies. At least now I know that it is a server problem & not in my system.

I just saw another thread where the users have been experiencing these problems. I'm sure it will get sorted before too long.

RiceMonster
August 5th, 2010, 03:30 PM
It's happened before. I believe it's a database issue.

Joeb454
August 5th, 2010, 03:32 PM
RiceMonster's right - it was some database issue that appears to have happened last night. I'm not sure exactly what it is/was exactly, but it looks like ubuntu-geek has managed to fix it.

handy
August 5th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Cool.

Things have started to get better on my side inside of the last hour.

I noticed things were a bit strange on the forum here for some time today, but I was engaged elsewhere & so just let it slide.

AlphaLexman
August 5th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Looks like we set a new record too.

Most users ever online was 43,695, 46 Minutes Ago at 09:14 AM.