PDA

View Full Version : FAO: iPhone 4 owners...

KdotJ
August 5th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Hey people, I recently got myself an iPhone 4 (on Monday infact). I have to say, it is by far rye best piece of hand held technology I've even owned. However, since yesterday I have noticed a small annoyance with it.
When I shake the phone left to right (e.g to "Shake to reload" apps) I can hear a small rattle noise coming from the top end of the device. It's not the power/sleep button rattling, nor the volume buttons. I have googled and researched this on forums and I have found out that many people have experienced the same issue. Apparently Apple say this is completely normal and may be the camera's auto focus device / the sensor for shaking / the giro for the compass. The phone works perfectly fine and there is no difference in performance and the camera still works fine. I'm not too bothered by this rattle, but I just wondered if anyone else here has the same issue?

Thanks

Edit: Duplicate of http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1546345

KdotJ
August 5th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hey people, I recently got myself an iPhone 4 (on Monday infact). I have to say, it is by far rye best piece of hand held technology I've even owned. However, since yesterday I have noticed a small annoyance with it.
When I shake the phone left to right (e.g to "Shake to reload" apps) I can hear a small rattle noise coming from the top end of the device. It's not the power/sleep button rattling, nor the volume buttons. I have googled and researched this on forums and I have found out that many people have experienced the same issue. Apparently Apple say this is completely normal and may be the camera's auto focus device / the sensor for shaking / the giro for the compass. The phone works perfectly fine and there is no difference in performance and the camera still works fine. I'm not too bothered by this rattle, but I just wondered if anyone else here has the same issue?

Thanks

Joeb454
August 5th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I don't hear a rattle when I shake mine, nor when I have the camera app open (before/after taking a photo).

Out of the possible reasons they say it could be, I'd go with the camera as being the culprit. If it's bothering you that much, however, take it into your local Apple store and see if they'll sort it out for you :)

As an aside - do you have a case on the phone? If so, does it still rattle without the case on?