PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

Maverick_Meerkat
August 5th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Greetings All,

I was just curious... There are 53,570 active members in the Ubuntu Forums. So, why is it the most popular idea at http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ only has 7,417 votes?

Ok, so that particular suggestion was rejected by Developers as not being a legitimate idea, but the point stands.

Why are so many people active on the forums, yet refrain from participating in the development of a product you obviously use and probably care about?

It's truly rare that a development organization provides an opportunity for the users of its product to engage in a meaningful dialog concerning future releases of that product. Your opinion matters and can have a real impact.

I realize many users only pop in here to get a quick fix for their problem, but still. It's in their best interest to participate.

So many people work very hard to give us Ubuntu and they are asking us to help them to help us.

Just a few minutes out of your entire week is all it takes. Is that really too much to ask?

I just find it sort of odd, that so many people fool around (for hours) on this forum, but so few seem to participate in brainstorm.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject? Not that it's really important... Just food for thought.
:)

nilarimogard
August 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Probably because they never care about what people vote on Brainstorm.