PDA

View Full Version : is active antenna array radiation?

shezif
August 4th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Hi.
In the last year the Communications Minister of Israel build a new free television network, DVB-T (DDT).
Since it had available to civilians I'm asking my-self: is the active antanna array rediation?
And if the active antenna are arraying radiation it is injuring for us as much as WiFi or Cellular network ?

Thank you
Shezif

cariboo
August 4th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Probably just as much as the other TV stations, Radio stations, Satellite signals and any other RF signals prevalent today.

mendhak
August 4th, 2010, 10:31 PM
And if the active antenna are arraying radiation it is injuring for us as much as WiFi or Cellular network ?

Not enough for you to be worried about. Wifi and mobile phone masts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health) related to the emission of radiation too as you're aware, but there's no harm in it, just doomsdayspeak.

shezif
August 5th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Not enough for you to be worried about. Wifi and mobile phone masts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_radiation_and_health) related to the emission of radiation too as you're aware, but there's no harm in it, just doomsdayspeak.

Ohhh ... thank you :) Now I'm not worried about :p

chiliman
August 5th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Dont forget about all the cosmic rays that bombard you constantly all day everyday.
I think ultraviolet light is also considered radiation.

Chronon
August 5th, 2010, 08:29 PM
It is all (EM) radiation. The light coming from your monitor or from light bulbs is radiation. The heat radiated by your own body is radiation. Different bands of electromagnetic radiation are given different names (e.g. radio, microwaves, terahertz radiation, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, x-ray, gamma rays) but they are all just different frequency ranges of electromagnetic radiation.

Consider that the sun puts out over a thousand watts of radiation per square meter.

Vimmander
August 5th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Dont forget about all the cosmic rays that bombard you constantly all day everyday.
I think ultraviolet light is also considered radiation.

Don't forget about the all the neutrinos that pass though your body every second. They're totally harmless, of course, but last I checked, I think the average number per second for an average human male is somewhere in the millions per second. Anyone wanna do the uber-cryptic math for me? :p