PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got ipod/iphone with iOS4 working with rhythmbox???

cra1g321
August 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
hey i recently put iOS4 onto my ipod touch as there is a new jailbreak for it. I noticed however that i am now unable in rhythmbox to view songs that are already on the ipod or transfer new songs to the ipod (Was able to with iOS 3.1.3)

I have the libimobliedevice ppa enabled in the synaptic package manager with all the necessary software upgraded. I noticed on the libimobiledevice website that the latest version is 1.0.2 but the latest from the ppa is 1.0.1.
So im guessing i need to install 1.0.2 to get support for iOS4. Ive tried installing libimobiledevice from source but when it appears as if it has installed, nothing changes (problems arent fixed).

I was wanting to know if anyone has been able to get their ipod/iphone with iOS4 working with rhythmbox and how they done it. Or if anyone could help me try install libimobiledevice 1.0.2 from source. (the right way) :lolflag:
Thnx

4give me if ive posted this in the wrong section of this website:(

cra1g321
August 4th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Never mind ppl got it working :twisted:

WaCope
August 5th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I'm in the same boat, did you have to install libimobiledevice 1.0.2 from source or ppa?

btw,
The new jail break is pretty slick.

cra1g321
August 5th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Sorry, guess i should of explained how i fixed it.

No in the endup i didnt have to :p Im running libimobiledevice 1.0.1
What i done was i restored the ipod touch again in itunes which installed 4.0 again.
Then i transferred a few songs over to it then i jailbreaked the ipod again.
Im guessing it didnt work last time because i didnt activate the ipod with itunes again or i didnt have something installed in ubuntu.
All working as it should with rhythmbox now \\:D/

You will need to add the libimobliledevice ppa in Synaptic manager
ppa is here https://launchpad.net/~pmcenery/+archive/ppa (https://launchpad.net/%7Epmcenery/+archive/ppa)
then after adding it in synaptic package manager, click the "Reload" button and then the "Mark all upgrades" button then click accept or yes to the popup.

Yeah the new jailbreak is super-easy, even easier than the spirit jailbreak:twisted:

WaCope
August 6th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks, I found another tutorial w/that ppa. Worked for me too.