PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Going to uninstall ubuntu (Read thread please to understand why)

Rean
August 4th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Basically, Ubuntu is not compatable with my wireless card and WEP2 connections. I am using a WEP2 connection, and the only encyption my router offers is a WEP2. I dont think at the moment there is a way to get my computer to work with ubuntu and wireless.

So I am moving to openSUSE (For a bit).
My plan is to remove ubuntu, install openSUSE, then come back to ubuntu in a few months time.

To create the disk space to install openSUSE I need to delete ubuntu. Now I have no disk for win7, so 90% of the solutions to install it on google instantly dont work.

My plan was to delete the other partions, allowing Win7 to take them all up, THEN install openSUSE on the partions.
The question is, will deleting the Ubuntu partitions be enough?

I have got a screenshot of the partions I am planning to delete here, is this correct and will it halm my computer?

http://i36.tinypic.com/1ex3cn.png

silkworm2.5
August 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I think you should Use Parted Magic to delete the partitions and resize the windows 7 partition rather than 7 itself. It is much more proffesional and gives you more information about the parts you are deleting. for example,it will say what file systemit uses and you willknow if that is windows or linux.

mike555
August 4th, 2010, 04:53 PM
You might want to keep the OEM partition........