PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] server edition install problem

David52
August 4th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Loading Ubuntu server?
I am a little confussed on install. I installed the program off the ISO disk I created. I thought I set up the keyboard correctly and did set a user name and password. I use a standard Logitech keyboard, I belive the key style which I looked up on the net is QWERTY Per the references I have found on the keyboard and the homerow is as follows asdfghjkl; but when I boot up it does accept the user name I set up but when it ask for the password, the keyboard will not put up the password I set up and it will not let me log in. Any suggestions on this would be helpful.
david52

jtarin
August 4th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Insure your numlock key is on if you have numeric values in your password and cap-lock key is on/off.

David52
August 4th, 2010, 04:00 AM
I will try that my friend and if it does not work i will just have to reinstall and make sure my key lock is off. I believe when I loaded it was. I set my user name all small and i believe i set the pass all small too. I had the problem 1 time of what you are talking abut with windows. Thanks for ur advice.
david52

jtarin
August 4th, 2010, 06:02 AM
You could also login in as root and change the users password and/or add another user.

knightblade
August 4th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I don't know why it does that. The num lock key is off by default. What purpose can this serve?

jtarin
August 4th, 2010, 08:24 AM
You would be surprised how many people prefer it off. personally I use the numberpad almost exclusively as its much easier for me to enter numbers especially long strings than reaching up and across sometimes.