PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Home folder contents open in Firefox

Frogs Hair
August 4th, 2010, 01:15 AM
I used the places menu to open my documents and the folder opened in Firefox , I found that all personal folders would only open in FF. I thought it may be a Gnomenu problem and installed the default menu and the same thing happened.

The short cut from the AWN dock opens the file browser normally. I have done no configuration changes. I think I will do a fresh install unless someone has an idea what happened. the current installation of 10.04 has been great until today. I don't how long it has been this way because I use the dock all the time.

If you have any idea what caused this please let me know . Thanks !

Frogs Hair
August 4th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Just finished reinstall and all is well .):P

mc4man
August 4th, 2010, 12:45 PM
If it happens again -
just r.click on any folder on your desktop, if you don't have one then create one, and go 'open with" -> 'other application' and pick 'folder handler'. That will set things straight.

What happened was somehow firefox was set as the default folder handler - you'll notice that if r. clicking on a folder -> properties, that there is no 'open with' tab to change the default so how it happened is unclear.
(may be one of those random glitches.

There is also a line in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list that can control this once it is created by opening a folder with anything but nautilus -
inode/directory=
but nothing to concern yourself about atm.

Frogs Hair
August 4th, 2010, 02:39 PM
If it happens again -
just r.click on any folder on your desktop, if you don't have one then create one, and go 'open with" -> 'other application' and pick 'folder handler'. That will set things straight.

What happened was somehow firefox was set as the default folder handler - you'll notice that if r. clicking on a folder -> properties, that there is no 'open with' tab to change the default so how it happened is unclear.
(may be one of those random glitches.

There is also a line in ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list that can control this once it is created by opening a folder with anything but nautilus -
inode/directory=
but nothing to concern yourself about atm.

Thanks , I had not used Firefox to open any programs and have no html. documents I attempted to change
the open with settings , but it didn't work . When I right clicked from the places menu it would open in Firefox.