PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installed upgrade now no display

andthewicked
August 3rd, 2010, 11:44 PM
I just installed the lts upgrade from the previous version and the first time it rebooted I was able to log in, but then when I moved my mouse over any icons they just disapered then I rebooted again, after a long boot time it brought up the login screen but nothing was displayed just the boxes. I can still get to the command line, is there anything I can do?

andthewicked
August 4th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Well I was able to reboot in graphics safe mode but I don't know what was causeing the problem, could it have somthign to do with the compiz or special effects or somthing, i'm really stuck here.

I have tried resting using the nvidia-xconfig and nothing
I am using the same driver as before, does anyone know if lucid droped support for thease graphics cards?

andthewicked
August 4th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Well it seems that it was a conflict with the nvidia propierty drivers I had to roll back to the 172 version and that at least let me do a normal boot, graphic games that didn't start previously start now, but the system gets bogged down when using compiz so I'm gonna try to reinstall the newer driver and see if that works if not I will have to go back into graphics safe mode and roll the driver back.