PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone is sooo meeeaan!!!!!

t0p
August 3rd, 2010, 11:32 PM
A year or so ago I bought a Vodafone (UK) top up and go mobile broadband dongle. It was fast, but also rather pricey: £15 for 1GB of data transfer when most others offered 3GB for £15. Still, it was on an offer so I got it.

Nowadays, Vodafone have accepted their data costs are too high, and they now do £15 for 3GB like the competition. But get this: my old dongle still gives just 1GB for £15. I asked customer services how I can get the 3GB for £15. The answer: buy a new dongle!

Mean old Vodafone...

chriswyatt
August 4th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I managed to get them to give me £5 off my contract, I was told I could go to a cheaper one after 9 months, was hoping for a bit more than £5 but better than nothing. BTW, these aren't direct quotes, but they're close enough I think.

"We've stopped letting people do this but I'll do it for you just this once"

So your sneakily doing it even though it's against the (updated) contract, course you are! I know your salesperson lingo. :)

"Oh, and while I do that I'll let you access any site with your phone as well, *click*, there you go Mr. Wyatt"

So why couldn't I do that anyway? and why isn't it just automated? Ah whatever. I guess they just do that so that if they can't help you with your problem at least they can gradually cipher the odd benefit here and there when you phone them up! I might phone more often with ridiculous queries.

The guy was fine on the phone though but it just bothers me that their contracts are under their digression and constantly changing and what I'm told I can do at the start of the contract I maybe won't be able to do closer to the time.

I've noticed phone companies have started getting meaner and their contracts much stricter, e.g. stricter return policies and the like. When I got my phone they started bringing in all these stricter terms...