PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Loading screen enlarged

JonasDK
August 3rd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone

I have Ubuntu 10.04, how big should the loading screen be? The purple one with white letters and the five white loading dots?

Because I have booted from a USB stick to try it out via Live USB (I already have 10.04 installed, but I had to check something on the USB) and the loading screen there was that purple loading screen but with the white letters MUCH smaller then I have on my normal loading screen (when I boot from my harddrive). When I boot from my harddrive the bootscreen looks enlarged and very pixelated. It also has no glow around it and is quite ugly. My resolution is 1920x1080. I think it should be that small as the bootscreen from USB.

Is this normal? Because it looks kinda ugly. I can take a picture of it to make it more clear if it isn't. :)

Thanks,
Jonas

Yuri sss
August 3rd, 2010, 11:50 PM
I have Ubuntu 10.04, how big should the loading screen be? The purple one with white letters and the five white loading dots?

Because I have booted from a USB stick to try it out via Live USB (I already have 10.04 installed, but I had to check something on the USB) and the loading screen there was that purple loading screen but with the white letters MUCH smaller then I have on my normal loading screen (when I boot from my harddrive). When I boot from my harddrive the bootscreen looks enlarged and very pixelated. It also has no glow around it and is quite ugly. My resolution is 1920x1080. I think it should be that small as the bootscreen from USB.

Is this normal? Because it looks kinda ugly. I can take a picture of it to make it more clear if it isn't. :)

Hi Jonas,
this boot screen issue is quite common. Here's a guide on how to fix the ugly, low-resolution boot screen:
http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/lucidubuntu-10-04-high-resolution-plymouth-virtual-terminal-for-atinvidia-cards-with-proprietaryrestricted-driver/

I'm using 1920x1200 and have set the boot screen to 1600x1200. Most cards don't have Vesa framebuffer support for widescreen resolutions, so you'll probably have to use a 4:3 resolution that is no higher than your actual resolution (1080 pixels), e.g. 1400x1050.

JonasDK
August 4th, 2010, 08:35 AM
It's fixed.
Thank you very much!! :D