PDA

View Full Version : zipfile in python

August 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
I make a temp directory inside the current working directory, download images to temp, package them using zipfile, and then copy the zipfile out to another location. It works file, but the zipfile copies the folder structure of the temp folder, i.e. instead of an archive with 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg...I have instead temp/001.jpg, temp/002.jpg, temp/003.jpg

Any way to remedy this?

Bachstelze
August 3rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
What's your code?

August 3rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
def compress(mangaChapterPrefix, current_chapter, download_path, current_page, download_format):
print('Compressing...')
z = zipfile.ZipFile('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + download_format, 'a')
for page in range(1, current_page + 1):
z.write('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg')
shutil.move('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + download_format, download_path)
cleanTmp()

The images are stored in mangadl_tmp. My intention is to create the zip archive inside the tmp folder as well, then move it out to download_path.

Bachstelze
August 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
We're not supposed to help with illegal stuff, but have a look at the arcname argument to write().

Jacobian
August 3rd, 2010, 06:44 PM
Here is something that might work:

You could change to the "mangadl_tmp" directory before issuing the zip command:
http://docs.python.org/library/os.html

August 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
Changing arcname fixed it for me. I assumed the default behavior of write was to grab the filename and not the full path passed to it, but this was not the case.

z.write('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg', mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg')

Martin Witte
August 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM
to clean up your code and to make it more portable across platforms I would introduce a variable for the filename, and I would use the join method in the os.path library, you get then

filename = mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg'
z.write((os.path.join('mangadl_tmp', filename), filename))

August 4th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Done - thanks for pointing this out. I'd actually been wondering about this for a long time.