PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't get 10.04 to work

8166UY
August 3rd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Dear Ubuntu-lovers, I've got a problem. On my computer I can't get the awesome 10.04 to be fully installed. At the first time start the kernel crashes during the boot because of some non-responding thing over the network. At least that's what it says. But because it's kinda weird for an OS to not be installed I looked further. I uninstalled it, updated my motherboard, defragmented everything and reinstalled Ubuntu. Still the same problem. I uninstalled it again and tried to install 9.10. That worked, but I can't get it to be upgraded since it won't boot if I let the upgrader do it's thing. Anyone suggestions to get 10.04 installed? Preferably directly with the 10.04 iso.

Other info:
- installed ubuntu within windows
- main OS is windows 7 64-bit
- 1 hdd (Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB)
- Motherboard: AsRock 1366 Extreme
- GPU: MSI R5850-PM2D1G-OC (ati hd5850)
- CPU: Core i7 930
- RAM: Corsair 1333mhz 3x2gb

akoskm
August 3rd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Dear Ubuntu-lovers, I've got a problem. On my computer I can't get the awesome 10.04 to be fully installed. At the first time start the kernel crashes during the boot because of some non-responding thing over the network. At least that's what it says. But because it's kinda weird for an OS to not be installed I looked further. I uninstalled it, updated my motherboard, defragmented everything and reinstalled Ubuntu. Still the same problem. I uninstalled it again and tried to install 9.10. That worked, but I can't get it to be upgraded since it won't boot if I let the upgrader do it's thing. Anyone suggestions to get 10.04 installed? Preferably directly with the 10.04 iso.

Other info:
- installed ubuntu within windows
- main OS is windows 7 64-bit
- 1 hdd (Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB)
- Motherboard: AsRock 1366 Extreme
- GPU: MSI R5850-PM2D1G-OC (ati hd5850)
- CPU: Core i7 930
- RAM: Corsair 1333mhz 3x2gb

Hi!
Have you checked the md5 hash of the downloaded iso?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes.

8166UY
August 3rd, 2010, 05:21 PM
Hi!
Have you checked the md5 hash of the downloaded iso?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuHashes.

Thnx for the quick reaction! I hadn't done it yet. The good news: I have now. The bad news: they are the same, so that isn't the problem. I already had the ISO downloaded from various sources to be sure to have a functioning one. The problem still occurs.

akoskm
August 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM
Great! Take a look to error messages during the boot.
Could you be more specific with that "non-responding thing over the network"?

8166UY
August 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm on a holiday right now, but I'll answer that right when I get back to my PC. ;)

8166UY
September 26th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Sorry for replying so late, but I was kinda busy and forgot about this topic. But there is great news: the 10.04.1 x64 version of Ubuntu seems to have eradicated the problem. Yay! Thanks anyways for all the quick responses and I'll be glad to come back if I run in other problems while using Ubuntu.

This has btw been typed on the same computer which had the problem, now running Ubuntu without any probs. Gotta love Linux!!!