PDA

View Full Version : I entered Pyweek

Mega-G33k
August 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hello everybody, if you haven't heard about it, Pyweek is a contest where you write a game from scratch in Python in one week. I decided I would enter, even though I know very little Python(definitely not enough to write a game). So I was wondering if anybody here is entering Pyweek that might want to join my team(or I could join your team). So, just leave a response if interested. Thanks!

JDShu
August 3rd, 2010, 09:27 PM
Are you an artist? Or somebody looking for programming experience?

Mega-G33k
August 3rd, 2010, 09:32 PM
Just looking for programming experience that will be fun and keep me learning new things. And I'm definitely no good at art, the best I can draw is a space invaders style alien(which is very simplistic, being only one color).

Dar1066
August 3rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Point me in the direction of RubyWeek and I'll be there with nobs on! :D

juancarlospaco
August 3rd, 2010, 11:05 PM
I think BrainFvckWeek and LOLcodeWeek is nice too...

redfox1160
August 3rd, 2010, 11:15 PM
I would if I knew anything about making games

Mega-G33k
August 3rd, 2010, 11:22 PM
I attempting to do the programming, what I have the hardest time with is art and music. A game with no art and music is pretty well worthless. So if any of you have either of those skills or programming skills, you're welcome to join my team(I really need the help, I can't see myself getting anything done alone).

Legendary_Bibo
August 4th, 2010, 12:00 AM
I attempting to do the programming, what I have the hardest time with is art and music. A game with no art and music is pretty well worthless. So if any of you have either of those skills or programming skills, you're welcome to join my team(I really need the help, I can't see myself getting anything done alone).

I can do some drawing, but nothing extravagant. I'm not that great, and considering we have a week, I'm sure that would be fine. Do you have any idea what you want to do?

Mega-G33k
August 4th, 2010, 12:17 AM
In Pyweek they give you the theme when it starts so everyone starts on the same foot so to speak(no starting early). So I wont know till it starts. But if your interested here's the link to the website: http://www.pyweek.org/

By the way if you want to join my team you need to register at the website then give me your username so I can add it to the team list(I think that's how I do it anyway).

Legendary_Bibo
August 4th, 2010, 12:57 AM
In Pyweek they give you the theme when it starts so everyone starts on the same foot so to speak(no starting early). So I wont know till it starts. But if your interested here's the link to the website: http://www.pyweek.org/

By the way if you want to join my team you need to register at the website then give me your username so I can add it to the team list(I think that's how I do it anyway).

Oh that's a no go for me, I'm having my first week of the fall semester in college that week. Sorry.

Mega-G33k
August 4th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Oh that's a no go for me, I'm having my first week of the fall semester in college that week. Sorry.
No problem, thanks for offering.