PDA

View Full Version : Posting while high

Nick_Jinn
August 3rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
I seem to be having a pretty sever Crohns flare up. I have been prescribed pretty large doses of opiates to help manage my stomach pain. Ive also been prescribed medical marijuana (legal where I live) though I have been afraid to mix the two. Sometimes I feel like maybe I am too buzzed to be interacting with the world?

Anyway, to lighten the mood, do any of you have any funny stories about posting on the Internet while under the influence?....If not, then go ahead and post the next best thing about real life in person experiences where you got into trouble but now we can laugh about it.

theraje
August 3rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
If you're anything like me, posting under the influence could be a sign that you need treatment... and I don't mean physical. :P

Seriously, I used to abuse alcohol when I was in my early 20s, and said stupid things to people that I wish I could take back, but can't. I was horribly depressed, and being intoxicated made things a whole lot worse.

Of course, I do understand that in certain situations, it's better to be under the influence of something, than to try and deal "cold turkey" with physical pain. So... I guess the best thing to do is to use the Internet responsibly when loopy. It might not be as deadly as a car crash, but you can get into a lot of trouble online when you don't have your best wits about you.

ticopelp
August 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
I have some fond memories of getting drunk and goofing off on IRC with some old buddies of mine, although I couldn't really tell you exactly what was so entertaining about it. There wasn't a lot going on in my life back then. :D

pricetech
August 3rd, 2010, 04:45 PM
I was going to ask if having an office on the third floor counted, but never mind.

chriswyatt
August 3rd, 2010, 11:59 PM
I shouldn't go on Facebook when I'm drunk, very dangerous.

Also I went on a forum when I was paraletic once and barely remember going on my PC, nothing to be proud of. What I wrote made no sense at all and that's no exaggeration, it was complete nonsense and I couldn't even guess what I might've been thinking about, if at all. I deleted it promptly the next day. :)

I think there was a lot of consecutive full stops for some reason as well.

Legendary_Bibo
August 4th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I like going on yahoo answers while drunk and asking questions to **** off every group of people. It's fun. :D