PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Graphics/GUI problem 10.04

Sneux
August 3rd, 2010, 07:34 AM
Ever since the problem with Flash started up a few days ago, (Videos Lagging/jumpy/jerky horridly.) I decided to finally switch from 9.10 to 10.04...all was going well until a few minutes ago while I was browsing themes and running Konversation, the skin flickered black/green a few times then white vertical lines started appearing down from the top of the screen to about the middle, (Almost looked like the teeth on a haircomb). I had to then shutdown and restart. What id like to know is are the two connected (My earlier flash problem and this) or how I can fix it, so far it hasn't happened again but I'm starting to worry, I've never had problems with Ubuntu until a few weeks ago.

Sneux
August 3rd, 2010, 08:19 AM
Sitrep: Happened again, this time after flashing black and before the white lines something that looked like a shell came up with an orange asterisk talking something about pulseaudio preconfigured for something is enabled... Just going to reinstall 9.10

mcduck
August 3rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
That sounds like a hardware problem, overheating or otherwise failing graphics card to be exact.

How to fix it depends on if you have a desktop or a laptop machine. Anyway, making sure that all air vents are clean and fans are working is a good start.