PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

magmon
August 2nd, 2010, 11:42 PM
from england! I'm not sure if I'm weird or if Europe is just less interesting than we've been told, but after the first two weeks I ran out of things to do lol. Tried food from all over, saw everything there is to see, and went to the movies a few times xD. The subway system is really quite well done. I was quite impressed. And for the record, baguettes are more common than you would think there =P.

chriswyatt
August 2nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
What sort of stuff did you get up to over there? What sites did you see?

TheNerdAL
August 2nd, 2010, 11:59 PM
Did you bring me something back? :P

magmon
August 3rd, 2010, 12:00 AM
What sort of stuff did you get up to over there? What sites did you see?

I believe the better question would be; what didn't I see? I saw a couple of cathedrals, stone henge, the museum of London, the houses of parliment and Big Ben to name just a few.

Superkoop
August 3rd, 2010, 12:08 AM
Abbey Road? If you went all that way, and didn't take the stereotypical Beatles picture, you need a swatting across the butt with a ruler.

magmon
August 3rd, 2010, 12:16 AM
Abbey Road? If you went all that way, and didn't take the stereotypical Beatles picture, you need a swatting across the butt with a ruler.

Unfortunately, the road isn't nearly clear enough to take that picture. Imagine rush hour traffic crammed into one lane each way.

Bölvağur
August 3rd, 2010, 01:01 AM
This thread makes me worry about people.
Does no one see anything wrong with the original post?

Rhubarb
August 3rd, 2010, 01:12 AM
England != Europe

Europe is a big big place full of quite differing cultures, cities, countries and scenery.

England is a tiny part of Europe, and heck, they don't even use euros as their currency :P

Did you manage to visit Wales and Scotland while you were up there?
One of my favorites is the lake district and the isle of Skye.

mamamia88
August 3rd, 2010, 02:47 AM
Did you see Diagon Alley?

magmon
August 3rd, 2010, 03:01 AM
Did you see Diagon Alley?

Yes.

As per the other concerns, I am well aware of the size of England in comparison to all of Europe. I made a vague generalization based on the likeness of US states and the assumption that the trend is fairly world wide.

mamamia88
August 3rd, 2010, 03:08 AM
Yes.

As per the other concerns, I am well aware of the size of England in comparison to all of Europe. I made a vague generalization based on the likeness of US states and the assumption that the trend is fairly world wide. You realize Diagon Alley is a fictional place from Harry Potter right?

Task Force 42
August 3rd, 2010, 03:13 AM
Backpacker Planning To Shatter Europeans' Preconceptions Of Americans

:popcorn:

witeshark17
August 3rd, 2010, 03:35 AM
Glad you had a good trip! :popcorn:

Old Marcus
August 3rd, 2010, 03:53 AM
Hmm, I would say that Europe is far more diverse than the USA is. The EU is probably the only thing stopping us going to war with each other again. :P

Zorgoth
August 3rd, 2010, 05:04 AM
But the important question is, did you bring me *my* baguette I wanted?

Ric_NYC
August 3rd, 2010, 05:08 AM
I went to Europe last year... I liked it. After visiting Europe I went to France, Italy and Spain! Then I returned to Europe for a couple weeks.

lisati
August 3rd, 2010, 05:16 AM
I went to Europe with my family in 1971. For some reason that eludes my power of recall, we spent some time at Teheran (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehran) (Iran) airport.