PDA

View Full Version : Where are Gnomenu themes saved?

Legendary_Bibo
August 2nd, 2010, 10:42 PM
I have gnomenu and I'm reading through the PDF on how to change things because I'm using the KDE one because it's simple, pretty, and functional, but I don't like the black background. I want to change it to a clearer aqua color (with Alpha blure, it'll look like water), and it seems simple. I just have to find where the file is, change the background, package it, and install it. Does anyone know where it's saved? I checked .gnomenu but it was empty even when I checked for hidden files.

SunnyRabbiera
August 2nd, 2010, 10:53 PM
/usr/share/gnomenu/Themes
make sure to copy the files as they are in a administrative folder

Frogs Hair
August 2nd, 2010, 10:59 PM
Only the themes you download yourself will appear in your home folder . search the file system for the Gnomenu and locate the confg. file . Also , check out the themes Gnome Look .org

Legendary_Bibo
August 2nd, 2010, 11:01 PM
/usr/share/gnomenu/Themes
make sure to copy the files as they are in a administrative folder

Thanks! I've been looking all over for it.

Legendary_Bibo
August 2nd, 2010, 11:12 PM
It's so pretty :D

SunnyRabbiera
August 2nd, 2010, 11:46 PM
Thanks! I've been looking all over for it.

No problem

Make sure to share your theme sometime, the original is under the GPL after all

Legendary_Bibo
August 2nd, 2010, 11:51 PM
No problem

Make sure to share your theme sometime, the original is under the GPL after all

I'm working on a set. I'll have red, orange, yellow, green, aqua, blue, and purple glassy KDE gnomenu themes. Once I get them all done I'll release them all together on gnome-look. The guy did most of the work, I'm just changing the colors and opacity of the background image.

Stancel
August 3rd, 2010, 02:11 AM
I stopped using GnoMenu because of the bugs. The top part of the menu icon would become jolted out of place and the only way to fix it would be to re-size the panel. Sometimes two menu icons would load, sometimes it wouldn't load at all.

Legendary_Bibo
August 3rd, 2010, 03:29 AM
Welp, I finished them. Gnome-look was a pain in the butt though, I had to keep resizing the theme previews because my pack was going over the limit, and then I went really far under the limit. Well the previews aren't that large in the menus at least. I call them KDE Gemstones! There's Ruby (Red), Amber (Orange), Topaz (Yellow), Emerald (Green), Aquamarine (Green-Blue), Sapphire (Blue), Amethyst (Purple or Violet), and Onyx (Black which is the original but more transparent).

Voila!

Legendary_Bibo
August 3rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
I stopped using GnoMenu because of the bugs. The top part of the menu icon would become jolted out of place and the only way to fix it would be to re-size the panel. Sometimes two menu icons would load, sometimes it wouldn't load at all.

When was the last time you used it?