PDA

View Full Version : What to do with old cellphones?

sudoer541
August 2nd, 2010, 07:41 PM
Today, I was looking over my old stuff and I found my old cellphones (3 of them).
They still work perfectly, however they have no service + they are not compatible with my current provider.
What can I use them for? I want to keep them and squeeze every drop of juice from them!!!

BTW, there are all Motorola based phones(E398, E1 and E2 Rokr)!!!

Oh!! and I still have my old SIM cards on them, although it says Unregistered SIM Card... yet I cant call 611...

LowSky
August 2nd, 2010, 07:48 PM
Pull the SIMs and sell them on eBay, or donate the an organization that gives them out to old people to use in emergency situations.

dacman48
August 2nd, 2010, 07:51 PM
use them as triggers for an IED :p

LowSky
August 2nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
use them as triggers for an IED :p

](*,)

Not cool....

jerenept
August 2nd, 2010, 08:15 PM
take out the innards and use them to store valuables.

I'll post the PCWorld article when I find it. :)

sanderella
August 2nd, 2010, 08:17 PM
They can be recycled, some of the bits can be used for new phones. Take them to your recycling centre.:)

TriBlox6432
August 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
Donate them to a battered womens shelter where women with abusive husbands can use them to call 911 in an emergency.

forrestcupp
August 2nd, 2010, 08:39 PM
If you have a speak n spell and a record player, you might be able to make one of these and phone home.

http://whatzinaname.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/343.jpg

sudoer541
August 2nd, 2010, 08:47 PM
if you have a speak n spell and a record player, you might be able to make one of these and phone home.

http://whatzinaname.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/343.jpg

lol!!!

cariboo
August 2nd, 2010, 09:44 PM
Shoppers Drug Mart here in BC has a bin for recycling unused cell phones, I don't know if the chain is in Ontario too, but there should be something similar there.

The place I usually get my phones from also offers recycling, they are a Telus depot.

Groucho Marxist
August 2nd, 2010, 09:44 PM
Pull the SIMs and sell them on eBay, or donate the an organization that gives them out to old people to use in emergency situations.

I donate mine to a local non-profit which gives them to low-income families, assault victims and the elderly so that they'll have 9-11 access.

RTrev
August 2nd, 2010, 09:45 PM
Battered women's shelters are always looking for cell phone donations, as are places like rape-crisis centers and the like.

pricetech
August 2nd, 2010, 11:04 PM
Motorola used to let you print a shipping label from their site, free of charge so you can ship it to them for recycling. As far as I know they still do, but I can't say for certain.