PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] please help-ubuntu noob error: no such device HELP PLEASE :(

ellabee
August 2nd, 2010, 07:46 AM
hi there,
im a total noob when it comes to this stuff. i installed ubuntu on my d drive on my laptop (not my primary OS drive) and everything was going great. i was able to restart and i had options for all my OS's. i started ubuntu back up and it asked me to update stuff, so i did. it kept hitting a bootloader error but since i didnt know what i was doing, i told it to just go ahead and continue updating. i went to go restart before i was going to go to bed and now im getting an "error: no such device: ea8110e-6dea-4629-b7ad-30e1f08a38dd error grub rescue>" error. im frantic at this point. i have the cd that i installed with and i know how to set it to boot from the cd. the only option that i have had success with it working is the "try without installing" option. im so confused and tired and im freaking out. ive tried googling a solution but most of what i have read is like reading another language. i feel so stupid and frustrated....can someone please help me. i would be forever grateful :cry::cry::cry::cry:

ive actually worked myself up into a state of nausea right now.

ellabee
August 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
i thought i would add...i can see the hard drives when i mount them in ubuntu in the trial run. everything appears to be there.

im confused though...in threads im attempting to read it says that i should use the livecd to boot...thats the cd i installed from correct? and am i correct in selecting the "try without installing" option?

ellabee
August 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1542770&highlight=device

this seems like what is happening...will try with the suggestions here.

ellabee
August 2nd, 2010, 08:18 AM
worked perfectly. i feel less noobish and less nauseated.