PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cd/dvd rom not working, how can i download the drivers for it?

VioletSky
August 2nd, 2010, 07:18 AM
I have ubuntu installed on my compter. My sisters friend installed it but when he did, he said that he had trouble getting it in. so now all i have on my comp is ubuntu (which it doesn't work properly) and my cd rom drive is not working at all, it's like I don't even have one because the drivers for it aren't installed.
I have an Acer Aspire 1620 laptop, can anyone tell me how I can download the cd/dvd rom drivers for it and where I'm suppose to put them on ubuntu? and if anyone knows where I can download the drivers, can u please give me the link? and thanks in advance. :)

btw, sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasn't sure where to put it.

theozzlives
August 2nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
You shouldn't need drivers for a CD Drive. If it was hard to install, you may have a bad drive.

VioletSky
August 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
You shouldn't need drivers for a CD Drive. If it was hard to install, you may have a bad drive.

it was hard to install because the guy who put it in didn't know what he was doing. My drive is fine, it just needs the drivers to be properly installed. But i don't know how to do it and I don't have patience or the money at the moment, to get someone else to fix it and put back in windows xp. cuz if my cd rom drive was working, my mother would reformat the comp herself.