PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uninstall without effecting XP partition

Paul VW
August 1st, 2010, 11:24 AM
I have had ubuntu on my PC for a number of years, but its getting slower and slower so I have decided to uninstall in and maybe put xbuntu on instead, how do I get rid of it without killing my xp partition?

cheers

ronnielsen1
August 1st, 2010, 11:37 AM
As long as you install on the same partitions that you have ubuntu installed on, your windows should be fine. What version of ubuntu are you running? Xubuntu is not much more resource friendly IMHO. You could try Lubuntu instead or just install a lightweight window manager

Paul VW
August 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM
I have the most recent version running, its so slow, and buggy I want to get rid of it now, I never use it as my 5 year old windows installation runs faster!

If I installed Lubuntu would format ubuntu and intstall without touching xp? and is it easy?

howefield
August 1st, 2010, 12:24 PM
If I installed Lubuntu would format ubuntu and intstall without touching xp? and is it easy?

During installation of Lubuntu, select the manual option when it comes to partitioning, mount and mark for format your existing Ubuntu partition(s) only.

Makes sense to back any valuable data, whether it is on Windows or Ubuntu beforehand.