PDA

View Full Version : Fake noob issues

Elmer Fudd
August 1st, 2010, 02:07 AM
I have been browsing (and contributing to) the absolute beginner threads.
Does anyone ever wonder if some of the noob posts are actually bored MS or Apple employees who post their questions and then pretend not to understand the answers just to make Linux seem more complicated than it is? Or did I just wake up on the paranoid side of the bed this morn?

jrothwell97
August 1st, 2010, 02:08 AM
Or did I just wake up on the paranoid side of the bed this morn?

Yes.

/thread

giddyup306
August 1st, 2010, 02:11 AM
Does anyone ever wonder if some of the noob posts are actually bored MS or Apple employees who post their questions and then pretend not to understand the answers just to make Linux seem more complicated than it is? Or did I just wake up on the paranoid side of the bed this morn?

Not really. It took me a couple hours to figure out how to install software the first time I used Linux. I've been using Linux off and on since 2003, but I've been using it as my primary OS since the beginning of the year. So really I have 7-8 months of experience with Linux, and 20+ with windows (I'm 26 and I remember the Apple II's and when Windows 3.1 came out. ).

schauerlich
August 1st, 2010, 02:32 AM
I still haven't gotten this month's check for my Apple shilling. I'll have to bring that up with HR.

Giant Speck
August 1st, 2010, 02:43 AM
I totally read the tittle I MEAN TITLE wrong.

new newb bie know none
August 1st, 2010, 02:54 AM
Whats up doc?

No and yes.
This is a great world, (Ubuntu) but nothing like the place where I'm from. < C:\win > U know what I mean?

This is my first week with Lucid, I am lost. It will take me some time to get back into the swing of the old DOS typing days... Ah, the days before mice, GUI, and blogs. I digress. I don't think your premise is correct.

You should'a took a turn at Albuquerque.

Legendary_Bibo
August 1st, 2010, 02:55 AM
Whats up doc?

No and yes.
This is a great world, (Ubuntu) but nothing like the place where I'm from. < C:\win > U know what I mean?

This is my first week with Lucid, I am lost. It will take me some time to get back into the swing of the old DOS typing days... Ah, the days before mice, GUI, and blogs. I digress. I don't think your premise is correct.

You should'a took a turn at Albuquerque.

Obvious troll is obvious. :P

pwnst*r
August 1st, 2010, 03:23 AM
Yes.

/thread

^That

chriswyatt
August 1st, 2010, 03:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few trolls lurking in the Absolute Beginner Talk, I would say it's quite likely. I was actually thinking the same thing earlier when I was having a look through there.

You've just got to assume everyone is just a n00b and not a troll and try and help them out, unless they're obviously a troll I suppose but it's better to be safe than sorry. I doubt they're affiliated with Microsoft or Apple or anything, seems unlikely.

gunfyter
August 1st, 2010, 03:30 AM
I've had the same thought....

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 1st, 2010, 03:39 AM
Or did I just wake up on the paranoid side of the bed this morn?

You woke up on the paranoid side of the bed :)

There really are some Cretins trying to use a computer. I have learned not to try to help the obvious ones. When I haven't recognized the Cretin, and several people are trying to help the Cretin, I have learned to give up. I just let the other people try to help them solve their problem. :D

handy
August 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM
I misread the title. Must have been due to having recently watched the movie (based on the true story of the Doctors who invented silicon breast enhancement) called "Breast Men". :lol:

It goes into the Fake boob issues. :D

chris200x9
August 1st, 2010, 04:44 AM

1. Read this thread
2. Plaster absolute beginner forum with the y'all posting in a troll thread meme
3. ???
4. profit