PDA

View Full Version : Which AndroidOS Smartphone do you own if any?

HappinessNow
July 31st, 2010, 05:30 AM
Motorola Droid X
Samsung Galaxy S
HTC EVO 4G
Motorola Droid 2
Motorola Milestone XT720
HTC Desire/HTC Incredbile
Google Nexus One
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
Motorola Droid/Milestone
HTC Legend

(list compiled from Techie Buzz article titled: "Top 10 Android Phones In The Market Right Now", http://goo.gl/wrxA)

prshah
July 31st, 2010, 06:00 AM
OK, I cheated; I own the Samsung Galaxy Spica (aka Lite, i5700), but close enough... btw, no "other" option?

HappinessNow
July 31st, 2010, 06:02 AM
OK, I cheated; I own the Samsung Galaxy Spica (aka Lite, i5700), but close enough... btw, no "other" option?No worries, your post here makes it work ;)

I was very interested in the Galaxy S for my wife but the only killing factor for me is no 'LED flash'.

The Motorola Milestone XT720 looks pretty sweet, with an 8MP cam, along with Xenon flash, when this releases to the USA market I will probably get one for my wife. ;-)

EDIT: actually I can buy the Milestone XT720 unlocked now for about the same price as I paid for my Google Nexus One, looks like I have an idea for an anniversary present. ;-)

aysiu
July 31st, 2010, 06:35 AM
HTC Magic... not in the poll list...

HappinessNow
July 31st, 2010, 07:24 AM
HTC Magic... not in the poll list...Yeah I wish I could have put more then 10 options up ;)

Robin_216
July 31st, 2010, 08:42 AM
HTC Desire owner, like it alot

wipeout140
July 31st, 2010, 11:15 AM
HTC Magic

HappinessNow
July 31st, 2010, 11:58 AM
HTC MagicThat is 2 HTC Magic phones so far.

Bachstelze
July 31st, 2010, 12:00 PM
None, and I certainly hope I'll never have to get one. Any smartphone, by the way, not specifically Android ones.

Spike-X
July 31st, 2010, 12:14 PM
HTC Desire owner, like it alot
Ditto.

The news feed app plays up a lot though, I'm going to have to find a replacement. Any suggestions?

HappinessNow
July 31st, 2010, 01:36 PM
Ditto.

The news feed app plays up a lot though, I'm going to have to find a replacement. Any suggestions?best news App I have found is NewsRoom.
http://goo.gl/v7MI

Mr_bleu
August 1st, 2010, 04:33 AM
HTC EVO 4G. I had a Blackberry Curve 8330 and thought that was a smartphone. Then I got the EVO. No comparison. This thing rocks. I installed Froyo last night. Very nice. Anyone with Sprint and thinking about getting this phone, read the Facebook forums. Lots of us enjoy this phone.

HappinessNow
August 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
HTC EVO 4G. I had a Blackberry Curve 8330 and thought that was a smartphone. Then I got the EVO. No comparison. This thing rocks. I installed Froyo last night. Very nice. Anyone with Sprint and thinking about getting this phone, read the Facebook forums. Lots of us enjoy this phone.Facebook has forums?

walkerk
August 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM
Droid Milestone

Starlight
August 1st, 2010, 11:32 AM
HTC Magic

HappinessNow
August 1st, 2010, 12:44 PM
Droid Milestone
How is the Milestone does the Xenon flash really make a difference?

HappinessNow
August 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
interesting to see that not a lot of ubuntu forum users have Android phones or they just don't like the poll?

cocopuffz
August 3rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
I own the HTC Magic & Acer Liquid E

wipeout140
August 3rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
interesting to see that not a lot of ubuntu forum users have Android phones or they just don't like the poll?

Possibly would have had more votes but most people don't have the latest android phone for example 4 people said HTC Magic which was not included

HappinessNow
August 3rd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Possibly would have had more votes but most people don't have the latest android phone for example 4 people said HTC Magic which was not included
Yep unfortunately the Ubuntu forums only allows ten options, and I based this off the article on the top 10 Android phones.

wipeout140
August 3rd, 2010, 09:09 AM
Yep unfortunately the Ubuntu forums only allows ten options, and I based this off the article on the top 10 Android phones.

Yeah i know it is, shame about 10 options limit also it shows how quickly better android phones are coming out e.g. possibly by christmas or early 2011 most of them will possibly replaced with new models

HappinessNow
August 3rd, 2010, 09:14 AM
Yeah i know it is, shame about 10 options limit also it shows how quickly better android phones are coming out e.g. possibly by christmas or early 2011 most of them will possibly replaced with new models
lol, you are right, and I am excited about getting a new phone then ;-)

wipeout140
August 3rd, 2010, 09:17 AM
lol, you are right, and I am excited about getting a new phone then ;-)

Well if you ever need somebody to take the nexus one off your hands i would be happy to ;)

HappinessNow
August 3rd, 2010, 09:20 AM
Well if you ever need somebody to take the nexus one off your hands i would be happy to ;)I was just thinking how I can't imagine giving it up, since it is not only really awesome, but it is now a part of history as the only Google phone sold to the public, since they say they won't be selling anymore phones. It is ashame, I liked their conceptual consumer model, I always hated going into retail shops. For cell phones I do all my buying online but I guess I am a minority it that sense?

Anyway, my wife has first dibs. :D

AllRadioisDead
August 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Rooted HTC Hero, just got froyo running! Minus the Camera not showing previews, it's amazing! It flies, runs laps around the laggy 1.5 that came with it.

HappinessNow
August 3rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Rooted HTC Hero, just got froyo running! Minus the Camera not showing previews, it's amazing! It flies, runs laps around the laggy 1.5 that came with it.
it is ashame your camera is not running properly, the new functions for the camera are one of the best features of Froyo

isoscelesrectangle
August 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
HTC Magic. Loved it until I found out that HTC issued an update which didn't let me one click root. I thought it was supposed to be an open platform... :(

isoscelesrectangle
August 3rd, 2010, 09:29 AM
For cell phones I do all my buying online but I guess I am a minority it that sense?

pun intended? ;)

wipeout140
August 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
I was just thinking how I can't imagine giving it up, since it is not only really awesome, but it is now a part of history as the only Google phone sold to the public, since they say they won't be selling anymore phones. It is ashame, I liked their conceptual consumer model, I always hated going into retail shops. For cell phones I do all my buying online but I guess I am a minority it that sense?

Oh well it was worth a try :p anyway am very happy with my rooted HTC Magic running 2.2 also google didn't really advertise the phone alot and most people will want try it out in person, i did last october after looking at various different phone options

dmizer
August 3rd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Xperia x10 here. Great phone, but the camera is junk. Needs windows to root too.

Sub101
August 3rd, 2010, 09:33 AM
HTC Hero running SuperHero.

And today will spend some time trying this; http://www.taranfx.com/install-ubuntu-on-nexus-one

The link says nexus one but I see no reason why it shouldnt work for all android phones.

samalex
August 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
I personally am not a fan of Smartphones, but we're about to order my wife a Droid X.

Update: I noticed i was the only mark for Droid X on the Poll but there are 5 who have the Incredible. Just curious, for anyone who bought it recently why did you choose the Incredible over the Droid X? X has a larger screen, more memory, the hotspot capability, HDMI port, plus a few other niceties. For now anyway it's the same price as the Incredible through Verizon, so I wanted to be sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks --

Sam

aysiu
August 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
HTC Magic. Loved it until I found out that HTC issued an update which didn't let me one click root. I thought it was supposed to be an open platform... :(
Well, it just means you have to add a couple more clicks in there. It's not extremely difficult, though. First you downgrade to a slightly older version of Android. Then you do the one-click root.
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Magic

Nick_Jinn
August 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
I have the Entourage edge and a T-mobile web connect stick....not really a phone, but its Android.

chrisinspace
August 3rd, 2010, 04:45 PM
I was just thinking how I can't imagine giving it up, since it is not only really awesome, but it is now a part of history as the only Google phone sold to the public, since they say they won't be selling anymore phones. It is ashame, I liked their conceptual consumer model, I always hated going into retail shops. For cell phones I do all my buying online but I guess I am a minority it that sense?

HTC Magic running Cyanogenmod 5.8 (waiting for 6.0 to go Stable). Each iteration of Cyanogenmod just gets better and better. Great performance, especially considering this is an older phone with lower specs than the new stuff that is coming out now.

I thought the Nexus One distribution model was cool, but a bit idealistic. The reality is that if someone is with a provider already and not planning to go anywhere for a while, they want the option to get the phone at the discounted price. My wife tried to buy the Nexus One and renew her T-Mobile contract for 2 years. They were offering that option, but you had to ditch your current plan and sign up for the voice/data plan that comes with the phone. We have an older family plan with a great rate and some nice features grandfathered in. For her to get the phone she would have had to break up our family plan and take the voice/data plan that was required for the phone. We could then ditch that plan and re-form the family plan, but it would have been the new version and our monthly cost would have gone up significantly. So, she held off and got the MyTouch Slide when it came out (she loves it, by the way).

I think it would have been wildly popular if they had done more of a hybrid plan. Sell it unlocked directly through Google, but allow T-Mobile customers to buy it through the normal channels if they preferred.

HappinessNow
August 4th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I personally am not a fan of Smartphones, but we're about to order my wife a Droid X.

Update: I noticed i was the only mark for Droid X on the Poll but there are 5 who have the Incredible. Just curious, for anyone who bought it recently why did you choose the Incredible over the Droid X? X has a larger screen, more memory, the hotspot capability, HDMI port, plus a few other niceties. For now anyway it's the same price as the Incredible through Verizon, so I wanted to be sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks --

SamI think it may just be that the Incredible has been available longer then the Droid X?

WinterMadness
August 4th, 2010, 04:07 AM
nexus one and i honestly love it and dont know how i lived with my other phones