PDA

View Full Version : Best Nerd Sitcom Of All Time!

giddyup306
July 30th, 2010, 04:24 PM
It's called The IT Crowd. Although today they are airing the last episode for season 4, and have been picked up for season 5, I just heard about this show the other day (I live in the US, and this show is broadcast in the UK). It's probably the funniest sitcom since Seinfeld!

Here are three clips. The last two are clips that I cut. The first one is boring and dry for about 30-40 seconds, so be patient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt9j80Jkc_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwnTLXmUnf4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZbx3pQgBps

I just watched all 4 seasons (except the last one), and this show is hilarious!

JDShu
July 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I guessed what this would be before clicking the link.

giddyup306
July 30th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Like I said; I haven't heard about it until the other day, and I don't live anywhere near the UK.

cj.surrusco
July 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM
The first link was funny, but the second and third give me two different errors.

RiceMonster
July 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM

I thought it would be the Big Bang Theory.

giddyup306
July 30th, 2010, 04:34 PM
The first link was funny, but the second and third give me two different errors.

The second one did that to me, but somehow I fixed it. *shrugs*

I posted them on another site, and they worked fine as well.

If you want to see them you can search THESUPERUBERMIKE on youtube, and it will show up. I have only 7 videos. One is named moss and the other is named richmond.

afrowildo
July 30th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I thought it would be the Big Band Theory.

I never managed to get into Big Bang Theory. I felt it was too much like Friends, which was too much like Cheers, and I don't like the way there's a huge pause at the end of every joke as they wait for the laughs.

Saying that, I never really took to The IT Crowd either. Maybe I'm just cold and dead inside ;)

cj.surrusco
July 30th, 2010, 04:38 PM
The second one did that to me, but somehow I fixed it. *shrugs*

I posted them on another site, and they worked fine as well.

If you want to see them you can search THESUPERUBERMIKE on youtube, and it will show up. I have only 7 videos. One is named moss and the other is named richmond.

The second one worked after a few reloads, but the third one still says "This video contains content from Fremantle International, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

EDIT: Ah, you ninja-posted me. I'll check that out.

JDShu
July 30th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Like I said; I haven't heard about it until the other day, and I don't live anywhere near the UK.

haha don't get me wrong, the IT crowd is great, but like xkcd and ubuntu cola, I've just gotten used to them getting posted here.

Bachstelze
July 30th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Saying that, I never really took to The IT Crowd either. Maybe I'm just cold and dead inside ;)

No, they just both suck. ;)

mysteryd
July 30th, 2010, 04:48 PM
The IT Crowd is awesome... "Have you rebooted" makes me laugh.

giddyup306
July 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM
haha don't get me wrong, the IT crowd is great, but like xkcd and ubuntu cola, I've just gotten used to them getting posted here.

Yeah if you spend any amount of time on any time there are many, many, many topics that have been beaten to death. I haven't been around here long enough to know what all of them are.

Simian Man
July 30th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I can imagine watching stuff like this for a few boring minutes on youtube, but four seasons?? No way.

nrs
July 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I saw the first few episodes and didn't care for it. Seemed more like how people imagine nerds to be rather than what we're actually like.

giddyup306
July 30th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I saw the first few episodes and didn't care for it. Seemed more like how people imagine nerds to be rather than what we're actually like.
Some nerds are like that. I had a C teacher that reminded me of Moss.

James7
July 30th, 2010, 06:46 PM
In the current (fourth) series, Moss has an Ubuntu sticker on the back of his monitor.

alphaniner
July 30th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Depending on your definition of nerd, I think Psych deserves the title.

DrMelon
July 30th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Can you watch 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) in the US? You can watch quite a lot of the episodes there.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-it-crowd/4od#3079799

murderslastcrow
July 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Lmao, I think this show just made me realize I want to forget everything I know about technology, just so I don't sound like a daft moron. Actually, I'm fairly good at explaining things in simple terms, but whenever you go beyond 'apps' and 'click this', most general people get all confused. However, if not for Windows and OS X, people probably wouldn't even know what a driver was, so at least I don't have to explain that to newbies. XD Only that they don't need to deal with it in most cases.

I think they do a good job of making fun of the hardcore geeks in that show. XD Makes you wanna' get out and go on a cruise. Or, better yet, swim on the beach where you can see one taking off.