PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to downgrade an ipod touch?

TheWeakSleep
July 30th, 2010, 04:03 AM
So im trying to downgrade my friends ipod touch from ios 4 to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 so I can jailbreak it for him, but so far I haven't been able to get it to work. Anyone know how? :D

Dustin2128
July 30th, 2010, 04:19 AM
So im trying to downgrade my friends ipod touch from ios 4 to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 so I can jailbreak it for him, but so far I haven't been able to get it to work. Anyone know how? :D

just wait, jailbreak for ios4 is going to be coming out any second now ;)

TheWeakSleep
July 30th, 2010, 04:23 AM
If it comes to it, he'll have to, though I would still like to get it back to 3.1.3 for him :D it's not running so well on the old ipod touch 2g :(

Macskeeball
July 30th, 2010, 04:56 AM
If it comes to it, he'll have to, though I would still like to get it back to 3.1.3 for him :D it's not running so well on the old ipod touch 2g :(

Apple is now investigating performance issues with iOS 4 on the iPhone 3G. Your friend has the iPod touch equivalent of that. Maybe they'll issue a fix for the iPhone 3G and the iPod touch 2G along with it. Maybe. If not, downgrading may indeed be a good idea.

teKro
July 30th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Here you go: http://lifehacker.com/5572003/how-to-downgrade-your-iphone-3g[s]-from-ios-4-to-ios-313

Spr0k3t
July 30th, 2010, 05:42 AM
Here you go: http://lifehacker.com/5572003/how-to-downgrade-your-iphone-3g[s]-from-ios-4-to-ios-313

See, that didn't take so long. Power to the Pineapple. I have other not so nice choice words to say about apple. Let's just say "I hate apple" and leave it at that.

TheWeakSleep
July 30th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks guys :) I've been trying x lifehacker article all night but its just not working. I tried it on my brother's xp machine and my mac too, but it doesn't seem to want to work? has anyone else tried downgrading? On xp I got the error that they were describing, "an unknown error occured" or whatever, but on the mac it told me something about it not allowing me to use the build. I'm thinking about just leaving it and let him deal with it, but in my opinion an un-jailbroken ipod touch is close to useless.

as a side note, did anyone else smile when they saw cydia uses apt and dpkg? :)

Macskeeball
July 31st, 2010, 12:07 AM
Here's a general performance tip for iOS 4 on the iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G. I just heard it on Tech News Today. People who don't use Spotlight (the phone search feature) much can set it to not index certain kinds of data.

KdotJ
July 31st, 2010, 01:40 AM
I downgraded my iPod 3g no problems to 3.1.3 (and 3.1.2 for that matter) in order to jailbreak it. However, I had to use the 3.1.3 firmware for the 2g ipod