PDA

View Full Version : Who copied whom?

Legendary_Bibo
July 30th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I have Empathy set up and it's cool because I can get notifications of when my friends are online on facebook or anything. This feature is also on the PS3, so I was wondering who copied who?

Dustin2128
July 30th, 2010, 03:32 AM
I have Empathy set up and it's cool because I can get notifications of when my friends are online on facebook or anything. This feature is also on the PS3, so I was wondering who copied who?

Independent discovery perhaps? It's one of those ideas that can occur over and over again.

Legendary_Bibo
July 30th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Independent discovery perhaps? It's one of those ideas that can occur over and over again.

Good point. Logical good ideas can be developed simultaneously I guess.

McRat
July 30th, 2010, 03:38 AM
If you are talking about Instant Messaging software that tells you when friends are online, some of it is pretty old. ICQ wasn't the first, but it was perhaps the first "big" one, and it's about 15 years old IIRC.

Spice Weasel
December 19th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Everything GUI has been stolen from Visi On (http://toastytech.com/guis/vision.html), period. :p

Giant Speck
December 19th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Who copied whom?

Yes, that's correct.

Jerk.

You're talking to yourself, I presume?

TriBlox6432
December 19th, 2010, 07:54 PM
My apologizes for insulting Bibo over incorrect grammar. I've made the same mistake as well!! ;)

Legendary_Bibo
December 19th, 2010, 09:59 PM
My apologizes for insulting Bibo over incorrect grammar. I've made the same mistake as well!! ;)

haha it's okay. I was referring to the black box that shows up and lets you know who is online on facebook, or msn, or yahoo. It's like that on the PS3.

Does anyone know how to change its appearance?

Kalimol
December 19th, 2010, 10:49 PM
You can't, directly, but it'll respond to changes in your GTK theme, system fonts, and icon pack.