PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why I love love Linux

Macfunky
July 29th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Was on my girlfriends computer earlier today (Windows Vista). I was looking for pictures to edit as they weren't on my computer. I was viewing them in Windows image viewer (whatever it's called) and I found it very frustrating that I couldn't drag pictures from the app onto the desktop. Simple things like this annoy me when I am so used to them in Linux.

I just love being able to find a file in whatever programme on Linux and being able to pull it onto the desktop, or a folder on the desktop, and being able to work on it.

I don't have a huge amount of experience with Macs but i would not be surprised if they have this function. Do they? Does anyone know if Window 7 has this function yet? Such a simple function yet I really noticed it holding me back as I am so used to using it to organise files. Are they actively trying to stop being using file managers or what? I think it's a bit mad to be honest.

Jaydon H
July 30th, 2010, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure about Mac, but Windows 7 has limited support for this drag-and-drop off programs to the desktop like Linux has. In some apps I find it works well, whilst others it just creates a 'scrap' file on the desktop. That's also a reason why I like Linux.

pwnst*r
July 30th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Wow.

Dustin2128
July 30th, 2010, 12:30 AM
I always did like the drag & drop features. What we need now is a drag and drop for .swf's in websites...

Macfunky
July 30th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Anyone able to verify if Mac has this function? And any able to verify it Win7 has problems with it? I find it is such a productive and fundamental function that it should be on every OS.

ctrlmd
July 30th, 2010, 12:33 AM
omg

smellyman
July 30th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Anyone able to verify if Mac has this function? And any able to verify it Win7 has problems with it? I find it is such a productive and fundamental function that it should be on every OS.

yes macs can do it