PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 and Ubuntu

chris.olive
July 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Couple of days ago I bought a new Acer computer 1Tb 4 gig, purely to get win 7 to run logitec, phone and other software updates, plus win media player, the only one that works for me.
There is not enough H/D space on my laptop to have both besides it is getting near it's sell by date.
Now! The problem is living in France and buying it here, and being home premium you cannot change the language so I either buy a new copy of 7 from the UK nearly £200 or put up with French, as you have to upgrrade to ultimate to have multi languages, now what company in ther right mind sells a product [expensive] that is limited in such a way, I know Microsoft.
Is it any wonder I prefer Ubuntu!
:(

Bachstelze
July 29th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Licenses are not language-dependent, just ask a friend to lend you his CD, install from it using your key, done.

chris.olive
August 4th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Windows came preloaded so no key, but problem solved itself due to me wiping the drive by accident!! so back to Ubuntu [hooray] and when I replace my laptop will do so with one from UK.
):P

ST3ALTHPSYCH0
August 4th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Windows came preloaded so no key, but problem solved itself due to me wiping the drive by accident!! so back to Ubuntu [hooray] and when I replace my laptop will do so with one from UK.
):P

Really? Every machine sold in the states has a COA on it with the serial #.