PDA

View Full Version : Financial Software?

asddf
July 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know of good Financial software for linux?

dealing with stocks, futures, indices, currency, metals etc...

Plumtreed
July 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Homebank is a good choice and is easy to use. Available in Synaptic Package Manager.

m4tic
July 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Homebank is a good choice and is easy to use. Available in Synaptic Package Manager.

Ive used it and it works(for avarage personal use) but i'm not sure what functions you are looking for

dfreer
July 28th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I use Gnucash, on windows actually, it helps with balancing my checkbook and keeping track of my student/car loans. Great piece of software, not sure if it has all of the features you need though.

martine4161
July 28th, 2010, 03:50 PM
It is very good way to know about Best final software. It is very helpful post for everyone who want to buy Financial software at home. There is a variety of personal finance software for Linux available, and most of it is free. According to me i think below financial software is best for you.
1. Mobeydance
2. You need a budget 3.
3. gnucash.
4. Kmymoney.
5. buddl.
6. Pl cash and many more are available

mkvnmtr
July 28th, 2010, 04:11 PM
On an enterprise level you might want to look at Openbravo.

asddf
July 28th, 2010, 04:19 PM
erm, I'm not looking for home finance, I'm looking for a trading platform?

Share prices, commodities prices, watch lists, etc

Keith_K
July 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I don't think your going to find anything like that outside of what ever company your using to trade. Financial data feeds are very expensive. However, most financial companies, like TDAmeritrade and Zecco, offer their software to account holders and are java based. They run just fine on linux

oldfred
July 28th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I have not found anything I like yet. But I have not tried some of these.

In synaptic
Qtstalker is a user friendly Technical Analysis package for GNU/Linux. It
is similar to commercial software such as Metastock, Supercharts and
Tradestation.
http://jstock.sourceforge.net/
http://www.chartsy.org/

murderslastcrow
August 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Copypasta bot here, it seems like. :\ Advertising iPhone software. Of course, technical analysis is very important to a successful financial decision, thank you for that.

I use very basic management on the desktop, but most places to monitor currency are online. I'm sure there are programs out there for it, and I'd be interested to see what APIs are portable enough to get desktop/mobile functionality for this. Could be a good Android app... *greedy*

SoFl W
August 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
erm, I'm not looking for home finance, I'm looking for a trading platform?
Share prices, commodities prices, watch lists, etc

Think or swim (https://www.thinkorswim.com/) has a linux version. They include a paper trade version to test the software out.

EDIT: I should point out that I believe Think or Swim is for a Think or Swim account and not for keeping track of your stocks held elsewhere.

screeeeeemin
August 20th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Does anyone know of a $0 home budget software that does projections on a calendar. HomeBank is about my speed but it lacks that function.

I still need to check out Moneydance which seems to display on a calendar.

Thanks