PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] considering installing the wubi

CrazyManAaron
July 28th, 2010, 06:52 AM
hi i was considering installing ubuntu using the windows installer (wubi)
and i was wondering if i would have any problems with it...
i have 2 partitions already (one with windows xp and one with windows 7) and i wondered if it would make any complications if i installed it...
i would of course install it with windows 7 since im guessing that would be better, but i was wondering if it would cause any issues since it would put my computer under a triple boot situation... assuming the installation was successfull
my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857
detailed specs can be found at http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=2060008&rpn=PSAG0U&modelFilter=A305-S6857&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

any advice or info would help
thanks

LegendofTom
July 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
For simplicity, you should install it under whichever partition (Xp or 7) houses the boot manager you use. That way you will see all three options when you boot. Besides that, Wubi installs inside your Windows partition as to not create partitioning problems, so you shouldn't hesitate to try it.

CrazyManAaron
July 28th, 2010, 11:05 AM
thanks, since i did install windows 7 last and the boot manager defaults to windows 7 ill install with that OS...

another question i had (a newbie question) is during the initial run/installation after rebooting into ubuntu... will it automatically install the drivers i need?
EDIT:nvm that last question i ran the installer and answered my own question lol
now i just gotta figure out how to get audio through my usb headphones