PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Software on Installation disk Ubuntu 9.10

malel
July 28th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I have installed Ubuntu 9.10 on my machine and understand there are some programs on the disk that are not installed . How can I access these please. It would probably same a lot of time trying to download on a slow internet connection .

zvacet
July 28th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Under system>admin>software sources check CD as repository and refresh.Put Cd in the drive and try to install package you want.They should be picked up from CD.

malel
July 29th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Tried that but it keeps saying 'put disk in cdrom' then says 'mounting cd'
'searching for packages' then 'unmounting cd' , Still cannot find any packages to download from the cd

zvacet
July 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Witch packages you are trying to install from CD?

malel
July 30th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Nothing in particular . I just wanted to look into the disk to see what was available.

zvacet
August 1st, 2010, 11:22 PM
I know for sure that you can install build-essential package from CD.Under system>admin>software source be sure that you have checked CD as repository.When you try to install build-essential it will ask you to put CD in drive.Do that and you will be able to install that package from CD.Sorry, I donīt know ohter packages you can install from CD.

jerenept
August 1st, 2010, 11:25 PM
the software packages are in the directories /pool/main and /pool/restricted on the CD.

They are organised into folders according to name.