PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a Good linux printer?

MasterNetra
July 27th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew of a good linux printer for under $50? Need one for my home office but only got $50 to spend so shipping and taxes included it can't be over...

Simian Man
July 27th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Really anything from HP should work without problems. I got an HP printer for $20 that worked great for light use.

MasterNetra
July 27th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Really anything from HP should work without problems. I got an HP printer for $20 that worked great for light use.

Haven't seen any decent $20 HP printers yet. HP has a All in one for 49.99 with free standard shipping but taxes puts it a couple dollars over... stupid taxes...

cariboo
July 28th, 2010, 12:33 AM
In my area the big box office supply store has many unadvertised specials in store, the only way to find they is to pay them a visit.

Spike-X
July 28th, 2010, 02:23 AM
I've never had a problem with Epson printers with Linux.

ubunterooster
July 28th, 2010, 02:49 AM
The less you pay upfront, the much more you pay down the road in ink. Remember this before going for inexpensive printers

MasterNetra
July 28th, 2010, 03:16 AM
The less you pay upfront, the much more you pay down the road in ink. Remember this before going for inexpensive printers

Yea i was considering that instead and remembered I needed to still purchase a website name and a host so doing monthly with hostgator. I could rig up windows in vim and use the old Lexmark X2350 for now...

chriswyatt
July 28th, 2010, 03:27 AM

Definitely consider cartridge refilling for a cheap printer with expensive cartridges though.