PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] WinXP not shown in migration assistant

Wehrdo
July 27th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I'm in the Live CD and I've followed the steps to the migration assistant. Where it should say "Windows XP Media Center Edition" it claims that "There were no other users or operating systems suitable for importing from"

Also, on the where to install to step, Where at the top it should say that another operating system is installed, it is blank.

I'm wondering if I continue the installation, on boot-up will it detect windows?

I have searched this, and after 15 pages of results, I have not come to a definite conclusion.

Mark Phelps
July 28th, 2010, 01:09 AM
...Also, on the where to install to step, Where at the top it should say that another operating system is installed, it is blank.

I'm wondering if I continue the installation, on boot-up will it detect windows?

Most probably -- NO. What it will most likely do is overwrite whatever you have on the drive, making it very difficult, if not impossible, to restore that stuff.

When the installer does NOT recoginize what you have on the drive, that is a good time to terminate the installation -- and come here with questions, as you have done.

Wehrdo
July 28th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Thank you so much! What could I do so that Windows is detected and I won't ruin my XP installation?