PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Number Keys not working

anieruddha
July 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hi,

I m using Vaio E series laptop, from 2 days my number keys are not working, My laptop have the desktop like number keypad. Those keys are not giving response was working fine. I checked with boot cd, Booted with ubuntu cd and try, num keys are working, I guess I accediently remove something

Ubuntu 10.04

akoskm
July 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I m using Vaio E series laptop, from 2 days my number keys are not working, My laptop have the desktop like number keypad. Those keys are not giving response was working fine. I checked with boot cd, Booted with ubuntu cd and try, num keys are working, I guess I accediently remove something

Ubuntu 10.04

Hi!
Have you tried different Keyboard models in System > Preferences > Keyboard > Layout.
I have numpad too, for me to Generic 101-key PC is working fine.
Hope that helps!

FresnoFightFan
July 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hi,

Ubuntu 10.04

if you have already started tweeking your os, you might have checked a box that makes your numpad able to move your pointer somewhere along the way. try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Num Lock and see if it turns off whatever is conflicting with your settings.

anieruddha
July 28th, 2010, 10:24 PM
if you have already started tweeking your os, you might have checked a box that makes your numpad able to move your pointer somewhere along the way. try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Num Lock and see if it turns off whatever is conflicting with your settings.

U sound correct, I didn't notice, my numpad able to move mouse pointer. Can u please tell me how to correct this.

I had done something, but I can't figure out what I done that makes this numpad act as mouse.

anieruddha
July 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Problem solved.

System > Preferences > Keyboard > Mouse Keys
and unchecked checkbox 'the pointer can be controlled using keyboard'

Thanks for help...

metalqga
July 30th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Problem solved.

System > Preferences > Keyboard > Mouse Keys
and unchecked checkbox 'the pointer can be controlled using keyboard'

Thanks for help...

This problem just got me about an hour ago; it was very, very frustrating.
Thanks for the solution!

grahams
August 10th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks for showing how to fix. I was also hit with this "upgrade"

yamaplos
December 9th, 2010, 09:53 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/new_popcornsmiley.gif

Thank you, from another (solved) victim of that!

AFAIK I did not do anything besides the regular updates...