PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Player Recommendations

neu5eeCh
July 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I won't be able to respond till this evening. I'm looking for a $100 or *less* MP3 player for podcasts at the job site. RadioShack sells Gigaware and Sandisk. I don't know anything about either of these and don't know if they're Linux compatible (though I assume they are). Just wondering if anyone owns a player they particularly like and can recommend. Thanks.

SunnyRabbiera
July 27th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Sandisk, because of its known compatibility with linux.

neu5eeCh
July 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Sandisk, because of its known compatibility with linux.

Thanks Sunny. I'm not quite off to work yet, so thanks.

SunnyRabbiera
July 27th, 2010, 01:59 PM
If you look around the forums you will see loads of reports about sandisk and ubuntu, most signs point positive.

theraje
July 27th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I have a Sandisk MP3 player I bought a few years ago, but don't remember the model number or anything (except that it is a Sansa, and is an 8GB flash-memory model with MicroSD expansion slot). But I did read a while back that you could actually install some sort of Linux variant on there. I'm fuzzy on the details, and I could be completely wrong.

Of course, if you mean whether you can load songs and such from Linux to it... then yeah, it works just like a removable drive (at least, my model does).

mamamia88
July 27th, 2010, 06:00 PM
i like my fuze but i've had it replaced twice so i don't know if i would reccomend it. but it is below $100 for 8gb and podcasts work great with help of easytag.