PDA

View Full Version : Network lost - then crashes...

puca mor
July 27th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Not sure if this issue is in another thread - i couldn't find it anyway...

My Netbook Edition has crashed (frozen with no inputs working) a few times now.
It doesn't seem to matter what i'm running/doing with the computer - first it says it's disconnected from the wireless network, and then it'll be frozen.

When it crashes i've tried; 'Ctrl+Alt + backspace' 'alt + sys rq + k' and some 'REISUB' yoke.. but nothing seems to work except hard reset :-/

Any ideas?
thanks.

Krabby.Linux
July 27th, 2010, 02:11 PM
This could be eveyrthing ....

First Step ... get and install all Updates. Do you have a second OS on your netbook?

puca mor
July 27th, 2010, 02:35 PM
This could be eveyrthing ....

First Step ... get and install all Updates. Do you have a second OS on your netbook?

I have all latest updates afaik.
I only have Ubuntu.. no other OS.

I know i'm not giving you many clues to work with.. but tis only because i don't have many to give :(
The system seems to be working perfectly, everything is going grand - then just sometimes after maybe 45min - 1hr 30min into running it will just show the network disconnected message and be frozen.

thanks for your help.

Wim Sturkenboom
July 27th, 2010, 04:32 PM
It might be useful to tell us the make and model of the computer as well as the version of UNR.

puca mor
July 28th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Sorry - It's a Samsung N150

'cat /etc/issue' =
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS \n \l

'uname -a' =
Linux michael-laptop 2.6.32-24-generic #39~ppa1~loms~lucid-Ubuntu SMP Sat Jul 24 12:11:39 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Harvs
April 29th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Hi I've got the same problem, also on a Samsung N150.

Everything works fine when I'm near the wireless router. If I move further away the reception obviously drops and if I move too far away it loses the connection. I get the disconnected from the network message and then it often completely hangs up. No inputs work at all and I have to hold the power switch for a few seconds to reboot.

The system is completely up to date (running Natty).

Any help appreciated!
Cheers