PDA

View Full Version : Gnome panel bug

Ub28
July 27th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Hi, the icons keep disappearing or don't fit properly in the top-right area of the panel.

Using Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit.

Obviously nothing I can do about it, so it's a bug??

Ub28
July 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
One temporary workaround: right-click on it, select "Properties" tick "Show hide buttons" and then un-tick it and the icons will magically re-appear.

How do I file this as a bug report?

Is anyone else experiencing problems with icons going missing or not fitting properly in the top-right area?

hansdown
July 29th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hi Ub28.

There are a few bug reports.

I've switched to usung cairo dock, which looks pretty snappy.

Ub28
September 20th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I'm surprised nobody has fixed this issue yet??

It seems more problematic in the 64-bit Ubuntu.

Jason Quinn
April 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I also have this problem with the icons on the Gnome panel. For reasons I have yet to pin down, they sometimes are messed up when the desktop starts. Sometimes a reboot is needed to fix, not just a logout.

The problems include the icons overlapping, hiding each other, or just plain missing.

Most often I have problems with Indicator Applet Session but the moon phase applet seems to do it a lot too. It's not restricted to just those though.

I am running 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. As a long term service release, this problem is rather annoying because it happens pretty often.

I don't know if the behavior is required or depends upon the icons being locked to the panel.

It may require a dev to use a 64-bit machine for a few days until it happens.

The problem became more severe in the 10.04 LTS release of Ubuntu over the 9.04 release, where it was much less (or even absent).

Sorry I can't be more specific. It's hard to figure this one out.

Ub28
April 14th, 2011, 06:29 PM
It's still a problem in Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit - but a simple right-click on the panel - away from the icons, then left-click "Properties" > "Show hide buttons" and always have "Arrows on hide buttons" then unticking "Show hide buttons" seems to cure it by redrawing the icons on the right-hand side.

Seems like the Ubuntu people are not taking this bug seriously? :confused: