PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Cannot proceed with installation with Kubuntu 10.04 and unetbootin

onero
July 27th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Has anyone managed to successfully install Kubuntu 10.04 using unetbootin? My CD drive is shot so I have to do a USB install.

I am able to boot into the Kubuntu live environment using the USB drive, but when I try to install, I get stuck at the step after choosing the keyboard layout. It says Scanning disks... and then just stops at 47% and never proceeds. I don't think this is an issue unique to me since I know someone else who experienced it, and when I did a forum search I saw someone with the same problem but I don't think he got answered (and his also stopped at the same point in scanning disks, 47%).

According to my friend (whose Unetbootin install failed as well) the Live CD install works fine using the same ISO, but again I can't do that since I don't have a CD drive available. Is there a workaround for this? Is this a bug in Unetbootin itself or somewhere else? Any other alternatives? Thanks.