PDA

View Full Version : A big THANK YOU to all of you

El_Shrander
July 27th, 2010, 12:10 AM
You know, I've just spend a bit over three hours checking in and out of the forum, researching into some kind of stupid mess I got myself into earlier today with an unmounted storage USB drive and a wrongly formulated fstab file , but now I can finally go to bed a bit the wiser and with my problem solved - and that's all thanks to you, guys.

I mean: all these people asking and answering questions, so many different questions every day, it just makes an amazing Q&A database for thousands of novices like me, who, for the life of us, wouldn't even get beyond the adding of some silly programs through Synaptic without all this beautiful spring of information just sitting here for all of us to slack our ignorant thirst.

I know many of us feel a bit like runners nowadays, always on the move, pushing on, taking the water so gently offered to us by some anonymous bystanders on the side of the road and immediately moving on, without sparing even a sideways look - but I think that sometimes the path we walk is more important than the goal ahead of us, and saying thanks from time to time can be as refreshing as a gulp of cool water.

Since writing a simple word of thanks on every thread I have visited today (and in many other occasions before, as well) would be against the rules of conduct of the forum, as so many of them are quite old, I thought, there you are: a big THANK YOU to all of you, guys, for all your generous help. It's an amazing job you're doing.

wojox
July 27th, 2010, 12:16 AM
+1 All the distro memberships I belong to Ubuntu Forums is the greatest for support.

MaxIBoy
July 27th, 2010, 02:12 AM
See, this guy gets it!

Guess who just bought you all a few more questions answered? Yup.

chriswyatt
July 27th, 2010, 02:17 AM
You know, I've just spend a bit over three hours checking in and out of the forum, researching into some kind of stupid mess I got myself into earlier today with an unmounted storage USB drive and a wrongly formulated fstab file , but now I can finally go to bed a bit the wiser and with my problem solved - and that's all thanks to you, guys.

I mean: all these people asking and answering questions, so many different questions every day, it just makes an amazing Q&A database for thousands of novices like me, who, for the life of us, wouldn't even get beyond the adding of some silly programs through Synaptic without all this beautiful spring of information just sitting here for all of us to slack our ignorant thirst.

I know many of us feel a bit like runners nowadays, always on the move, pushing on, taking the water so gently offered to us by some anonymous bystanders on the side of the road and immediately moving on, without sparing even a sideways look - but I think that sometimes the path we walk is more important than the goal ahead of us, and saying thanks from time to time can be as refreshing as a gulp of cool water.

Since writing a simple word of thanks on every thread I have visited today (and in many other occasions before, as well) would be against the rules of conduct of the forum, as so many of them are quite old, I thought, there you are: a big THANK YOU to all of you, guys, for all your generous help. It's an amazing job you're doing.

That's alright, it was nothing (literally :P)

Chronon
July 27th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Yes, I have found these forums extremely helpful too.

inobe
July 27th, 2010, 04:11 AM
i have always found these forums useful, in fact the most useful social networking site ever, this way we are all on the same page and no one will feed you lies :D

cj.surrusco
July 27th, 2010, 04:13 AM
i have always found these forums useful, in fact the most useful social networking site ever, this way we are all on the same page and no one will feed you lies :D

Very true. Almost everybody I have communicated with on this website has been 100% honest. You can't beat that.

kajankow
July 27th, 2010, 06:43 AM
And yes thanks for all the help you guys have given to everyone who needs a hand. From experts to novices to everyone that helped me and will help me cause I'm sure I will need some in the future, Thanks a ton.