PDA

View Full Version : How was everyone's Day?

robotman5
July 26th, 2010, 11:32 PM
my day was pretty good and also i made this thread just see if you guys/girls had a good day or not, ;)

Bachstelze
July 26th, 2010, 11:36 PM
It was pretty good until someone started creating pointless threads like that in the Cafe.

robotman5
July 26th, 2010, 11:39 PM
oh sorry:(

wojox
July 26th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I spent most of the day packing. We're leaving South West Florida and moving to San Antonio Texas.

t0p
July 26th, 2010, 11:40 PM
My day was spoiled by the weather. It was so hot and humid here (English Midlands), so I stayed at home most of the day. When I absolutely had to go out (the dog won't walk herself) it rained, so I ended up soaked in water and sweat. Not nice.

t0p
July 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM
It was pretty good until someone started creating pointless threads like that in the Cafe.

This thread isn't pointless. You might not want to discuss your day with complete strangers, but some of us don't have any real-life friends with whom to talk about our lack of a life. :p

Sporkman
July 26th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Better now - we just got our power restored after a 26.5 hr outage.

KiwiNZ
July 26th, 2010, 11:58 PM

"The Community Chat area is for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions, like you might find around a water cooler at work."

Lets all have a nice day then ;)

TheNerdAL
July 26th, 2010, 11:58 PM
My day was okay, although I have no idea what to do with my new girlfriend. D: I'm new at this since I'm a geek. :P Lol.

NFblaze
July 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Mine was pretty good. Another boring workday.

It might go bad though, as I plan on calling this girl I met like on friday. I dont know what the hell to talk about and the girls I've met never have anything to talk about so I have to lead... So, yea I always dread the first convo.

And then even worse,if she doesnt pickup I'll be paranoid to call again cuz I dont want to look like a stalker or pedestal man. Lol.

audiomick
July 27th, 2010, 12:13 AM
My day was okay, although I have no idea what to do with my new girlfriend. D: I'm new at this since I'm a geek. :P Lol.
Talk to her. If she is "right", she'll be interested. If she is not interested, she is not right and it wont last long. I know it sounds easier than it is, but that is all there is to it.

My day was good, apart from the fact that it rained again. (I've had far too much rain this so-called summer) I found out that I had mixed up my dates somehow, and don't have to go off to the next job until Wednesday. I won a day for free! :)

NMFTM
July 27th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Went to school, attempted to get the last problem in a late SQL assignment done but didn't, attempted to finish up some late work for a Windows Server assignment done but it failed on the last step. Which means that I'm probably going to have to redo the entire block of assignments since one sort of builds on the next and I have no idea where my errors are coming from.

Now I'm sitting at home and just realized that I can't complete my SQL assignment because the CD image with the test database that I copied from one of the school servers isn't the correct one.

On a lighter note, although I can't complete that exact SQL assignment I could practice doing what the assignment calls for in general to get better at it for when I go in tomorrow. I could also complete the series of Windows Server assignments on my VM at home since they aren't necessary for future assignments. Even though I'm kinda lazy and don't feel like it.

So, in reality I have no one to blame but myself and nothing to complain about.

coolman98
July 27th, 2010, 12:32 AM
I had a great day.:popcorn::p:D:o

lisati
July 27th, 2010, 12:38 AM
It's nearly lunchtime, and I haven't done much yet other than tinker with a couple of PHP-based pages on my web site and report some spam. On the "to do" list is to go pay the dentist (four fillings on Friday and the likelihood of more to come, now where did I put that Paracetomol?) and get our groceries - I don't want to get in trouble with Mrs Lisati!

Time to wander off and check the voicemail on our landline.

t0p
July 27th, 2010, 01:11 AM

There's a lot of material online that'll tell you what to "do" with your new girlfriend. But be aware that some of it isn't advisable unless you wanna get slapped/sent to jail! ;)

NFblaze
July 27th, 2010, 01:17 AM
There's a lot of material online that'll tell you what to "do" with your new girlfriend. But be aware that some of it isn't advisable unless you wanna get slapped/sent to jail! ;)

Yea... I dont advise whipping out your junk and helicoptering, either.

chriswyatt
July 27th, 2010, 01:21 AM
You know, I thought this thread was pretty stupid when I first saw it but actually it's quite a good topic.

Anyway, today I went to the book shop and bought myself a few books (Joe brand biography, Frankie Boyle biography and The Hobbit).

Then I went to grab a coffee from Starbucks and a pigeon got trapped in the shop, so the girls who were working there were trying to catch it :). Found it interesting neither of them washed their hands after touching it, hmmm.

Then just before I got served my drink some girl ran in, crept up behind the girl who was making my coffee and grabbed her round the waist, so she ended up spilling a bit of my drink down her top, I wasn't bothered though and just laughed at them. So, a little bit unprofessional but it put a smile on my face. :)

Then after all that craziness I went home and the rest of my day's been pretty boring really.

Old_Grey_Wolf
July 27th, 2010, 02:29 AM
It was just another day at work playing with a virtualized data center.

:lolflag:

Actually that is not true. As a manager, I rarely get to touch anything. I think everyone is afraid I am going to break something :). By-the-way, I think the same thing of my own managers.

I created a organization within the virtualized datacenter, added some users to Active Directory/LDAP for the organization, created distributed virtual LANS, created some virtual machines (both Linux and Windows), joined the virtual machines to the virtualized LANS, etc., etc.

I haven't had this much fun in decades.

:guitar:

robotman5
July 27th, 2010, 03:05 AM
great to see some people had a good day :p

nubimax
July 27th, 2010, 04:50 AM
This is the 5th day of rain here but the sun came out for 20 minutes this afternoon and I was able to pick a basket of peaches before the rain started again.

kajankow
July 27th, 2010, 06:39 AM
My day was all right. Trying to install ubuntu but i am stuck and do not wanna mess up again.

Kdar
July 27th, 2010, 07:54 AM
soso, had earache almost all day.

Åtta
July 27th, 2010, 08:03 AM
My day just started. I was awakened by a huge thunderstorm and the sound of all my windows shaking. Oddly enough, my cat (who has never before experienced a thunderstorm) didn't seem to care at all.

bigseb
July 27th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Fine until I realised I had two flat tyres... :(

gemmakaru
July 27th, 2010, 12:48 PM
My car wouldn't start this morning so I ran three miles to my coleagues house to catch a lift. I didn't fancy running the 58 miles further to get to work. I feel invigorated.

VH-BIL
July 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Cool, I took the day off work, had a few drinks, watched some movies and spent some time on Ubuntu Forums!