PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse won't select anything when Visual Effects are turned on

camdude
July 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I have been running the same copy of Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop since Beta 2 was released (yes I updated to the Release Edition), and I vary my visual effects from Normal to Extra, and starting last week, on Wednesday, I was using my computer just fine, when I tried to click a file, and it just allowed me to move the window. I remedied this by logging out, but It happened again today, and this time I had to type in the run box
"metacity --replace" to get the mouse (cursor) to work properly again. However, now, whenever I use visual effects, the mouse stops selecting files again.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

OK I SOLVED IT, but for anybody who has this problem, you can go to 'System - Preferences - Window Preferences' then click the "Super" radio box at the bottom, that should help. Also, reboot your system after you do that. If that doesn't help, I know of some other stuff you can do, but it's a little complex, so just contact me at camden.stensland@gmail.com