PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning brings its own gems

slooksterpsv
July 25th, 2010, 10:42 PM
So today my mom was cleaning out one of the rooms we've been using for storage and she found my box set of SuSE Linux Professional 9.2 - comes with 2 books, 2 DVDs, and 6 CDs, my first real version of Linux that I installed on my computer.

Here's a screenshot of the box:

It comes with KDE 3.3, Gnome 2.6, OpenOffice 1.1.3, and has 32-bit and 64-bit software versions. I'm installing it in a VM right now just to play with it. I hope my mom finds my old FreeBSD discs next.

Whatcha think? - Sorry about the picture quality, my blackberry doesn't take too good pictures.

Bachstelze
July 25th, 2010, 11:14 PM

It's called a photograph.

slooksterpsv
July 25th, 2010, 11:18 PM
It's called a photograph.

Yeah your right... why I said screenshot I don't know, probably cause I'm so computer geekish lol

TheStroj
July 25th, 2010, 11:20 PM

Too much computer, eh? :P

Back to the topic: finding something old and cool is such a great feeling :D a month ago I found original Win 98 CD and later DSL (Damn small linux) on that really small CD :D

Booting it up took ages and I felt that the CD/DVD reader was in a lot of pain :P but I'll never forget those Tux icons on the bootup, it's so legendary and old :)

linux18
July 25th, 2010, 11:31 PM

Lol!!!!!!!!!!
I actually didn't notice an error until i read the replies, which made me laugh even more.

Ric_NYC
July 25th, 2010, 11:41 PM
lol

slooksterpsv
July 26th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Ok so the VM idea didn't work, I'm going to have to try qemu to see if I can virtualize it.

Should I ebay it?

slooksterpsv
July 30th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Found my Ubuntu 5.10 for Mac CD, wow so many items I forgot I ever had. So I guess my first version of Ubuntu was 5.10 breezy badger omg cleaning old rooms is awesome.