PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] linux dead after system upgrade

nuncio.bitis
July 25th, 2010, 04:03 PM
This seems to be a recurring theme - every 3 months I have to reinstall Linux completely from scratch. The latest Ubuntu updates always render the computer unbootable (ubuntu = unbootable? LOL)
I've been looking on the forums here, and it seems to be a common activity to continuously reinstall Linux every few months. Seems nobody knows enough about it to answer posts for help.
I'll be surprised if I ever see an installation of Ubuntu last more than a few months without trashing itself.

oldfred
July 25th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Well be surprised.

I am still mostly on Karmic since it came out without any issue. Lucid gave me install issues with nvidia drives but nomodeset solved those. My older versions also worked well except sometimes the proprietary nvidia drivers caused issues. Almost all the issues I ever had were with either upgrades or new installs and Karmic installed & has worked without any issues what so ever. Lucid is still in testing for me.

The main issues with Lucid are grub2 related which I have not had any problems and video drivers which I did have to add a custom setting until it booted.

Without more information we cannot help you with your specific issues.