PDA

View Full Version : ANDROID - What's your favorite music player?

surelock22
July 24th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Well, I looked for an Android Forum, and was shocked that there wasn't one. I figured that Ubuntu users would be more for a linux based phone operating system, and maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but maybe the mod's may want to add a "Phone OS Talk" Forum ?... Anyways...

I'm an avid Android user. I have a Mytouch 3G, and after loading my mp3s and oggs onto my phone, I found myself using the TuneWiki app for playing music. I used it for a long time. It had built in Shoutcast, a "love it" or "shove it" button ala last.fm (also built in too), and you could see if there were other tunewiki users listening to your song. My beef with the software, and the reason I deleted the app, was that it was just too gosh dern slow, and I especially hated the extra long pause between tracks.

I've switched to using MixZing Lite, and I don't see a reason to upgrade. But I'm missing being able to post onto Facebook what I'm listening to. That was a fun feature of Tunewiki. And although the pause between songs is much smaller, it still exists, and I don't care if I have to get the barest of bones media player to get true "gap-less" music playback, but I CANNOT listen to an electronic dance DJ's set that's tracked on anything but a CD it seems if I want playback to be "gap-less".

If some folks have some suggestions for other Android music players, or some work arounds, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Kenny

leef
July 25th, 2010, 12:48 AM
mixzing

This should be in the cafe.

Lightstar
July 25th, 2010, 06:57 AM
MixZing here also.
There's no gap between songs for me, as soon as the song ends, the other one starts, unless there is silence at the end / beginning of the mp3, there's nothing to do about that.

Using Motorola Milestone