PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant install ubuntu 10.4 screen prob

joek71
July 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Hi guys

I am doing a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.4 and I cant install, when it says Ubuntu in the loading screen after a while the entire sceen becomes distorted, like all messed up and I cant seem to do anything, I am running Opteron 175, DFI Expert Motherboard and Nvidia 7800GT. I am attaching a picture of what i am getting, please help.

Thank you,
Joe

MAFoElffen
July 24th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I am running...Nvidia 7800GT. I am attaching a picture of what i am getting, please help.
LOL. (Sorry)

Okay, you said "fresh" install (I'm assuming Desktop Edition)... Meaning? Like you installed from the LiveCD and this is what happens when you rebooted?

I'm running an ASUS8N32-SLI Deluxe mother board (NVidia) and two XFX NVidia Geforce 6800GT Ultra SLI video cards. There were things I had to do "extra" to get it to use the NVidia drivers... Just seeing where your at with that.

Mike

sara12588
July 24th, 2010, 04:54 PM
What is meant by ubuntu

joek71
July 24th, 2010, 04:56 PM
This happens when i am installing, I am running from live cd, i downloaded the iso from ubuntu, I cant even install this happens when i just try to install. It just hangs there and thats it.

MAFoElffen
July 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM
This happens when i am installing, I am running from live cd, i downloaded the iso from ubuntu, I cant even install this happens when i just try to install. It just hangs there and thats it.
Are you running a single video card or two? ... and what are you using for a monitor?

joek71
July 24th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Single Video Card

The problem is solved all i had to do was press F4 then press F6 and select nomod and that seemed to fix the problem.

But now have different problem, I did a new post about creating file system failed. please help me with that.

Thank you.

CCoder
July 24th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Maybe your video card is causing problems.
You can use the text installer instead of the graphical installer. It is a bit more difficult, but it won't cause any problems in my opinion.

Without wax,
CCoder.