PDA

View Full Version : Samsung UK Offers Free Galaxy S Devices to iPhone 4 Users

HappinessNow
July 24th, 2010, 07:27 AM
After getting called out by Steve Jobs, Samsung's United Kingdom branch has responded with the sort of marketing gimmick sure to get under the skin of Apple's Supreme Leader: Free Galaxy S handsets to disgruntled iPhone 4 owners...."Recently there has been a real increase in online activity from consumers dissatisfied with some of our competitors' products," Samsung said in a press release. "We decided to contact a cross section of individuals to offer them a free Samsung Galaxy S as a replacement, as we're confident that once people have the phone in their hands, they'll see how impressive it is for themselves."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20011554-501465.html

Samsung’s Galaxy S campaign on Twitter is sneaky, underhanded but damn it’s clever...

Tiffany, one of the lucky few contacted spoke to Wired:

“My iPhone and I have been inseparable for almost a month now, tomorrow being one month since the iPhone OS 4 launched. But the honeymoon period ended this week as repeated dropped calls, and a sudden unexplainable inability to make or receive calls or send texts left me disgruntled.

“So I did what anyone else would do: I vented my frustration on Twitter. Imagine my surprise, then, when this morning I am tweeted by Samsung offering me a free Galaxy S, their latest phone. Too good to be true? I decided to investigate.
“I called a friend at Samsung, and though she was initially sceptical (sic), it has now been confirmed: the campaign is legit. Samsung is so confident about the superiority of the Galaxy S that they’re sending free ones to existing iPhone customers so they can decide for themselves.”

Looking on the Samsung UK Twitter page, the devices have started to make their way to the chosen few.http://www.inquisitr.com/80147/samsungs-galaxy-s-campaign-on-twitter-is-sneaky-underhanded-but-damn-its-clever/

MaxIBoy
July 24th, 2010, 08:26 AM
That's very interesting. I hope it works out for them, and I think to some extent it will-- that sort of confidence in your own products looks very good to customers.

gnomeuser
July 24th, 2010, 09:14 AM
If they want to prove it's better than the N900 as well I wouldn't mind partaking.

fatality_uk
July 24th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Almost seems like something that Apple would do!

HappinessNow
July 24th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Almost seems like something that Apple would do!
Apple has never been THAT confident in their product. ;)