PDA

View Full Version : Droid X has the same Antenna issue as iPhone 4 and other phones. :o

TheNerdAL
July 24th, 2010, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJG7pbSRvJ8&feature=player_embedded

Discuss! :P

pwnst*r
July 24th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Apple = deflecting

Also, give me dropped bars on any network other than ATT and I'll still be talking.

Thanks for playing though, nerdal.

ubunterooster
July 24th, 2010, 02:11 AM
The problem is with the general antennae type, it still needs work in some phones

Brent0
July 24th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Number of iPhone 4 models: 1.
Number of Android-based phones: Hundreds.

You don't have to buy the Droid X if you are looking for an Android phone. ;)

McRat
July 24th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I can make a video just like that with any wireless device without even photoshopping. Or even holding the phone.

A piece of metal plate held off camera can really affect signal reception.

Unless Droid X owners are reporting reception issues, I'd have a hard time believing a YouTube video from Apple Inc.

In any case, even if true, just because someone else has a drinking problem also doesn't give you clearance for ******* on a lightpole in public. Ask a cop.

MCVenom
July 24th, 2010, 02:39 AM
...and?

Spr0k3t
July 24th, 2010, 03:16 AM
So I gathered up a bunch of phones from some friends... so far, not one phone (with the exception of the ip4) has suffered from the grip of death. I've gone through several videos showing how to grip the phone to cause the problem on each of the phones... nothing.

I was able to get the original droid to completely lose signal by placing it inside of a microwave. But that's something you want to happen with all phones.

Just curious... what's with all the animosity with trying to prove the issue isn't just with the ipwn4? Not intended to the OP, just a general across the board targeted at those who drink the Steve Jobs cool-aid.

HappinessNow
July 24th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Doesn't happen on my Nexus One, I have only seen this ever happen in person on the iPhone 4.

kevdog
July 25th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Fud

Lightstar
July 25th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Posted by someone named Apple
Comments disabled

That video is as trusty as my parkinson grandma shaving me

jerenept
July 25th, 2010, 10:00 AM
FUD-dy nonsense...

BTW, if my phone didn't lose reception in a microwave oven, I would throw away the microwave.

AFAIK, the Droid X has 2 antennas (antennae) and therefore, is immune to the "Vulcan Death Grip (http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vulcan_death_grip)"