PDA

View Full Version : A Game / Mod To Write For

Will1
July 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi.

I use to write in Lua for the GTA (Grand Theft Auto) mod MTA. It used resources (which I believe would be called scripts to other programmers) where I learnt my first language (I dabbled in the mIRC code and html a tinch previously but I never learnt them.) We could, via Lua, do just about do anything we wanted with the GTA world, or universe. It was, for lack of a better word, brilliant, but it took too long to release (the mod) and the community kind of seemed to die and be replaced by children, rather than mature adults and people interested in the mod.

Rather than people making interesting game modes, being creative and being innovative, people seemed to become boring, and repetitive and interested in one thing, mindless repetitive gaming.

Anyway, to get to the point, I eventually moved on but I haven't found anywhere to go. Any new language to learn or more importantly anywhere to use it or any game I am interested in. My question is then does anyone know of any?

At the moment I will look at anything, just if you recommend it and you think it is good or you like for a certain reason then I would love to hear about it because I am kind of desperate.

To give you more background, in the mod we would write whole game modes like capture the flag, death match or role play; or scripts that would complement resources like: race records, top times, statistics or achievements.

I would love to answer any questions if you have any. I hope you will be able to help me.

Åtta
July 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
If you know Lua, you might be interested in writing your own games using the game development framework Löve (http://love2d.org).